cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Prices different on website for new users/app/change plan

JonathanRUK

Plan Prices different on website for new users/app/change plan

I am new to Plusnet mobile and signed up on the main website https://www.plus.net/mobile/sim-only-30-day. I chose the 12GB for £8 option, thinking I shall give it a go and then upgrade to more data later (like the 25GB for £10 or 50GB for £15.

Now that I have an account (and the app), I notice these prices are unavailable. I only have 4 options:

1. 3GB @ £6 a month
  2. 10GB @ £8 a month
  3. 15GB @ £10 a month
  4. 20GB @ £15 a month

I have attached two files, one is a screenshot of prices from the mobile app, and another is from my user account settings on the main site. The link above shows prices on your website.

Plusnet, why can I not get the same price options to upgrade my plan as I do by ordering a new SIM?

Hopefully, this is just a mistake in the app/user account pages, and you will be resolving this now it has been brought to your attention, as I would hate to think it's bait and switch.

5 REPLIES 5
Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Plan Prices different on website for new users/app/change plan

Welcome to the Forum.

The best/easiest thing to do is call 500 your PN mobile then click you are thinking of leaving  

You should be answered very quickly and the staff have very good deals on offer and will transfer you to a new deal from your next billing date 

I have have done this with no problems and find the service excellent 

JonathanRUK

Thanks, but surely they should sort out the prices under the accounts/app to resolve this correctly, yes?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @JonathanRUK and apologies for the delayed staff response.

I'm sorry to see you aren't happy with the offers shown in your account.

I'm afraid there's no way we'd be able to update this for you on a case by case basis as they're done automatically.

However if you can private message me the following information, we'll be happy to change your plan for you our side. 

+Your mobile number

+Your full name

+Your full address

+Are you the account holder?

+Your date of birth

+Last 2 digits of your bank account number

+Last 2 digits of your bank sort code

When private messaging me, please include a link to this thread as our staff private messages go through a centralised system internally so I might not actually personally message you back. Although just a few of us monitor our Community Forums so there’s a good chance I’ll pick it up.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JonathanRUK

Hey, I have sent a PM with all the details. I don't think your answer makes much sense, so I have asked for further clarification on why as an existing customer, I cannot access the same tariff options as a new customer.

I did call customer services, and they said I get the options I get on the website - not helpful in the slightest, especially when I pointed out there are two different options on the website, which is the main issue here. I am also sure this is against England and Wales consumer law.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Jonathan. I've PM'd you back. For visibility though, we're not obligated to show you every offer available in your account online, but if you can message me what offer you're after I'll be happy to see if I can put it through. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet