cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone with good reception range

Vindieselwalker

Phone with good reception range

I have a dumbphone (LG Flip phone, had it for about 6 months, forgot the model) with Verizon and the reception on it seems a bit better than I'd ever had with a smartphone. I'm wondering if there is anything out there with an even better antenna (satellite?) that I could use in remote areas (like, while camping even)? Any suggestions?

I do not need a data plan (though having one for emergencies is always nice).

3 REPLIES 3
Vindieselwalker

Re: Phone with good reception range

I have a dumbphone (LG Flip phone, had it for about 6 months, forgot the model) with Verizon and the reception on it seems a bit better than I'd ever had with a smartphone. Speed Test I'm wondering if there is anything out there with an even better antenna (satellite?) Solitaire that I could use in remote areas (like, while camping even)? Scrabble Word Finder Any suggestions?

Thank you My issue has been sloved

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Out of the few dozen phones I have currently lying around those old Motorola flip phones with the stubby antennae seem to do well signal wise.

I guess those antennae aren't just for show.

Not tried myself but what about the old Nokia's like 6310i and 6210. They have external aerial plugs on their back for use in car kits (along with a few other old phones). No idea how much having an aerial plugged in boosts their signal reception. If it does make a big difference maybe something could be rigged.

ScottElliff

Vindieselwritemyessaytoday wrote:

I have a dumbphone (LG Flip phone, had it for about 6 months, forgot the model) with Verizon and the reception on it seems a bit better than I'd ever had with a smartphone. I'm wondering if there is anything out there with an even better antenna (satellite?) that I could use in remote areas (like, while camping even)? Any suggestions?

Hello,

Did you manage to find the solution? I've been searching for the alternatives everywhere, asked the guys on HowardForums and Tomsguide - in vain. I go camping twice a month, sometimes even more often. So I'd be happy to have a good solution for such cases.