Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not connecting to mobile network

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Phone not connecting to mobile network

Did you reboot your phone after adding the APN details? Have you double and triple checked them? It's really easy to miss a mistake with them.

MrB1

I have this issue too. No mobile data on android & also tried sim on widows phone. Never had to mess about with APN settings before but entered manually, correctly on both phones. No luck. Advice from customer services a joke. Wanted me to monitor for a day every two hours what/when wouldn't work. It's not worked on any device for two weeks! They sending a new sim .... I live in hope. Looking for a new provider. There is an obvious overlying problem here with so many people having this problem but asking me to take out the sim & polish the contacts ain't gonna fix it!!!!

asnuggets
Dabbler

Yes I have triple checked them and tried restarting phone. Yes I tried turning WiFi AND Bluetooth off. Yes to everything everybody has said in this thread. Given up now but thanks for the help.

JrScott
Hooked

Issue was sorted by getting a new SIM card. Don't know why, but it worked. Funny thing was I took a red SIM out and put a blue one in. Anyone else had the same experience? Now service is great, voice, SMS and 4g data. Worth the 10 days of pain... probably.
LiviHam

It makes no sense!
Number ported last Thursday. Calls and SMS OK but mobile data very intermittent - sometimes connects, sometimes not. Thought it was fixed since had a solid LTE connection from early evening yesterday through evening today when I powered off/on - same problem after powering back on. Phone is fine with other 4G SIM and no reported issue in area and signal strong.
A couple of observations:
The SIM as delivered reported "EE Plusnet", after port it's just "EE", other users seem to report "Plusnet"...
When it connects as LTE (now done so a couple of times), all seems to be fine until power down. All other times it connects as H/H+ and then connection frequently drops.
APN must be correct, else it wouldn't connect at all...

Skoosh
Dabbler

I'm experiencing similar issues regarding loss of service after switching to plusnet from Orange and porting my old number.
I lose data connection altogether with or without Bluetooth /Wi-Fi on/off.
Apn settings correct as per customer services call. Manually selecting network doesn't work,
Checking network status within phone comes up with network unknown, voice inactive/data inactive intermittently.
If I put in a spare ee simcard to rule out phone itself or network everything works fine.
So this seems to be an issue with plusnet or the simcard itself. So I'd like to request a replacement
asnuggets
Dabbler

Just as an update to my situation...

I got a new phone for Christmas and that didn't work either. Asked Plusnet to send me a new SIM and it worked perfectly as soon as I put it in; no manual entry even needed. It was a different colour SIM to the first one I got. I don't know if that means anything... but anyway... problem solved.

waccoe
Dabbler

Is there a definitive solution to this problem?  I have exactly the same issue.  First SIM arrived, no data, I knew it was a SIM problem, as my son's on Plusnet and his SIM worked ok in my phone, and mine didn't work in his.  Anyway, ordered a replacement, and after the farce of activating it, which took 10 hours, that SIM has exactly the same problem, calls and texts work fine, but no data at all.  Tried in multiple phones, seems to be faulty.  Is there a quality issue with the SIM cards?

Plusnet support is a farce, they don't seem to know what's going on, and offer nothing to help.  So far, regretting my decision to move from Three, already thinking of ditching Plusnet Sad

asnuggets
Dabbler

Not sure man but it seems my problems aren't over...

I can't make or recieve calls for longer than 10 seconds when I have 4G preferred selected. It rings and I get through fine (mostly). The signal strength just dips from 100% to 30% and up again, constantly back and forth, for 10 seconds. Then it says call ended (even though I still have some signal which is weird).

I turned off WiFi to see what was going on and it's just cycling from 4G to 3G to H+ to every other letter in the alphabet back and forth much the same until the letters disappear completely, which it then disconnects me.

With 3G preferred selected my phone stays at a steady 50% signal strength in H+ mode and stays that way and I seem to be able to make calls fine. The quality is absolutely fine as well. Obviously I can't keep switching from 3G to 4G, how do I know when I'm going to be getting called haha.

Does this sound like a problem with the phone itself to you? It can't seem to settle on a signal type when it's in 4G mode. Or is this Plusnet?

asnuggets
Dabbler

Just a massive shock really. Not what I had expected. I've been on their unlimited fibre broadband for somewhere close to 5 years and I always get full speed (75 down/18 up) at all times of the day/week, my great ping never changes (7ms +/- 0ms to bbc.co.uk), it's truly unlimited, and I think I last disconnected 1 year ago, maybe once per year. Oh and I've had the same default router they sent me the whole period. The rare time I had to contact customer service, it went very smoothly and they were friendly. It's been so good honestly, I always recommend Plusnet to my friends and family. But as for this mobile thing.... like I say.. it's a big shock.

Lianne

Hi I have a samsung galaxy s6 I've had golf knows how many plusnet simply sent to me I also have updated my software on phone I've tried to manually input the EE details into the APN but still nothing it's really starting to [-Censored-] me off now I've been trying to get this sorted for over a year that I've had phone and still can't get 4G and the phone is suppose it be 4G LTE compatiable but I'm not winning and it's really frustrating really need help before I smash the phone
Lianne

What was the colour of the sim
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

@Lianne Since Plusnet didn't exist a year ago I'm presuming you mean you couldn't get a 4G signal where you are on a different network? If so who was it?

Check your coverage here: https://checker.ofcom.org.uk/mobile-coverage and use the map view zoomed in, change it to EE and it'll give you a fairly accurate indicator of what you should be getting. No coverage checker is 100% as it depends on too many variables but I've found theirs to be nearest to being on the money with different networks.