Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay as you go options?

pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Pay as you go options?

Im tempted to look at plusnet mobile as a back up, most of the places i go I have a good signal with my main provider, Three, however there are a few places where the Three signal is non existent, and only Vodafone/O2 work.

Do plusnet offer a trail period, or a pay as you go offering so that i can try it on those areas?

6 REPLIES 6
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Pay as you go options?

Well Plusnet Mobile is on the EE network so if you can only get Vodafone and O2, it isn't for you.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

No PAYG or trial options either, but since PN only offer 30 day SIM only contracts anyway, it's not really an issue.

ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

My main sim is a PN 30 day jobbies but being a disabled driver I must have as much mobile coverage as possible and with that in mind I always recommend o2 Classic PAYG (5p pm, 5p text 5p Mb) and Talkmobile (Vodafone ( 10p per call up to an hour, 4p text, 2p Mb)).

Up to now PN coverage has been first class for me but you can guarantee when the day comes and I get a tyre puncher in the middle of nowhere only o2 or Vodafone will have 2G coverage, the law of averages says so.

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

If it has to be Vodafone or O2 then have a look at https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/guides/mvnos-a-guide-to-coverage-and-pros-and-cons-of-virtual-networ... and take your pick.

ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Be careful of some MVNO’s and in particular Delight Mobile PAYG as they are nothing more than daylight muggers and will wipe any outstanding credit you have from your previous top up after 90 days whether you make chargeable calls or not.

As an example you top up £10 today and over the next 90 days you make, let’s say 3 x 1 minute calls at 3p per minute total cost = 9p. Now when day 91 comes you will find your balance of £9-91p has been zeroed so all in all those 3 x minute calls have actually cost you £3-33p per minute.

Most networks only require you to make a chargeable call at least once every 3 or 6 months to keep your number and credit but with Delight I can assure you, you won’t be delighted with their ethics.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi pint,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

We don't offer any PAYG plans however, all of our SIM contracts are 30 day rolling which means you're not tied into anything for months on end! If you do wish to leave, you have to give us 30 days notice of termination to cancel your account. 

Before you sign up with us, you can pop over to http://ee.co.uk/why-ee/mobile-coverage and check out your coverage!

If you don't wish to stick around for the first 30 days, you do have an initial 14 day 'cooling off' period which takes effect upon sign up, so you can always test drive that SIM; if it's not for you, cancel within the first 14 days and recieve a full refund of your upfront payment!

If you need any further information, feel free to drop me a message and I'll do my best to help!

- Rebeka Smiley