cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PORTING HELL - taken 12 days and still not one message from customer services

AdeTheGrenade

PORTING HELL - taken 12 days and still not one message from customer services

PORTING HELL

Has anyone else had serious delays in their porting.

Thurs 5th Oct 2017:  I put thro an order by text to port my number from O2 to Plusnet and had a reply saying port should be completed in 24 hours.

Mon 9th Oct: No port yet, so I contact customer services who said there had been a delay - it should happen tonight.

Tues 10th Oct: No port yet, so I contact customer services who said there had been a delay - it should happen tonight.

Thurs 12th Oct: No port yet, so I contact customer services and spoke to a Supervisor. He explained my port was on a manual to do list and was being dealt with by the "very small port team". He offered me compensation, but couldn't say when the port would go through, but it should go through soon. He said I couldn't cancel the port as it's "only a one-way street" and I could lose my number. I suggested that if there was a delay, then some sort of message should go to the customer. He agreed, but said nothing was in place for that. He suggested I write on the Forum here to make it happen.

Clearly no employee feedback allowed at Plusnet. How weak.

AMAZINGLY: throughout this entire period I had had no message, email or anything from Plusnet to say "sorry, your port's been delayed"

Tues 17th Oct: No port yet. No info or contact from Plusnet. The WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED IN MY LIFE. I can't even cancel the port and go back to O2. Nothing I can do.

THAT'S PORTING HELL

2 REPLIES 2
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: PORTING HELL - taken 12 days and still not one message from customer services

Moderator Note by Dick (Strat)

Topic moved to Mobile board for better visibility.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: PORTING HELL - taken 12 days and still not one message from customer services

Hi AdeTheGrenade!

Thanks for taking the time out to leave your feedback, it's much appreciated. 

The port-in process takes up to 1 working day when processed before 6pm on a weekday, or up to 2 working days when processed after 6pm to complete; we don't process ports of a weekend.

It's normal to experience disruption on the network, or for your existing SIM to cease to work whilst the number is transferring. From what you have advised, the port may have exceeded it's timescale and I'm extremely sorry for the delay with this process.

In rare circumstances, if there is a delay with the port-in, it will automatically be raised with our Operations Team to investigate further.

If you would like to send me a Private Message, I can certainly check your account for any updates with this. 

- Rebeka