Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDP Authentication Failure mobile data

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: PDP Authentication Failure mobile data

Once the new SIM arrives, give us a call on 500 free from your initial SIM and we'll activate this for you.

If the issue persists, send me a Private Message with the information requested and I'll get this sent across to our Operations Team. 

- Rebeka 

KTILBURY
Dabbler

Exact same problem!!! ahhhh!

Mobileprob
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

I have tried as suggested with the same results. On iPhone 6s Plus there is no APN or profile information that can be altered.

I have emailed Plusnet the info requested.

throughball
Hooked

Hi Rebeka

I have tried all steps with no success. Info requested sent to you via PM

Thanks

KTILBURY
Dabbler

@RebekaPreston  @michaelwilliams  - Can we have an update on this issue please - As it seems to be effecting multiple customers I am an Androis User (Samsung s7 - Android 8.0.0.)   I have been without data since my number ported on 1/7/18 - Have been sent a replacement SIM, tried all the setting/ touuble shooting  as advised in previous posts, and with a different phone - still cannot authenticate- Was told that issue raised with support on Tuesday and would take  5 days - have also provided details as per webform on this post - but its a week now!! Any update would be appreciated! 

Thanks

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi throughball,

I have picked up and responded to your Private Message. 

- Rebeka 

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi KTILBURY,

I completely understand your frustrations during this time and I can assure you that we're working to resolve any issues. 

I can see that this has been picked up by Mike via Private Message. He'll be sure to let you know if there are any updates regarding your account. 

- Rebeka 

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Mobileprob,

I can see that this has been picked up by another staff member.

As soon as we have an update regarding this, they'll be sure to let you know.

- Rebeka 

athlone123
Hooked

Same problem here (iPhone 5).

Tried all steps, and additionally used Apple Configurator 2 to manually install the eesecure APN.  Still not working. 

Now sending the 2 hour apart records to check the local masts. Curious if anyone found a solution?

Mobileprob
Dabbler

Yes, I also tried pushing another APN onto the phone, but still the same error. My issue is still with 'operations'. Problem has been running 11 days now from when I moved to Plusnet: still no data, no details of what the issue is, no promise from Plusnet on when it will be fixed. 

This thread is worth following as the topic is the same:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/No-Data-Connection/m-p/1551774#M9731

KTILBURY
Dabbler

Yay! At last I have data - all of a sudden and no changes my end! Lets see what happens ! Thanks!
Mobileprob
Dabbler

Mine too!!! Looks like the fix at Plusnet end has finally been done. Thank you to all the Plusnet staff on this forum for your help and persistence.

CathyH

Getting seriously fed up with this now. No data access for 11 days after joining Plusnet and porting my number from Tesco. Bought a brand new iphone 8 same day as my Mum, she stayed with Tesco and has not had any issues. Was told on Friday 29th June it would be forwarded to a different dept and they would contact me after 5 days. Come Friday 6th July no contact, called customer services who told me it should be fixed! Told them it wasn't so they sent out a new SIM. I've activated that new SIM that was sent to me today and it still isn't working. Tried all the trouble shooting steps advised here (some aren't actually possible on the iphone 8 with ios 11.4 as it doesn't give you the options that Plusnet support are saying here are available). Totally fed up, mostly likely will be going back to Tesco mobile. 

throughball
Hooked

In exact same boat as you CathyH,

Hi Rebeka (Plusnet),

Still no change as far as my access to data is concerned. Happy to hear some are now getting the service that they are paying for :-).

Cheers

CathyH

Rebeka (Plusnet) advised earlier in this thread to update the APN settings however the option is not there in the settings section of my iphone 8. According to Apple your APN settings can only be changed if your carrier (ie Plusnet/EE) allow it! So it looks like the APN settings cannot be changed due to Plusnet/EE not allowing it, even though they advising to do this. 

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201699