cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDP Authentication Failure mobile data

MS007

PDP Authentication Failure mobile data

Received my plusnet sim yesterday. Installed in iPhone and I can see plusnet 3G or E but no data, gives PDP authentication error. Also gives Not Subscribe to Mobile Data Service. I have checked SIM on three iPhone and one Android phone and same error. It's NOT apple issue. It's PlusNet issues so please solve this issue or you will loose customer for this.

Kind Regards,

34 REPLIES 34
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: PDP Authentication Failure mobile data

Hi MS007,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your data service. Can you please try re-booting the handset, ensuring that the SIM has been removed when doing so.

• Turn the handset off
  • Take the SIM card out
  • Leave it for a couple of minutes
  • Replace the SIM card
  • Turn the handset back on again

thanks,

- Rebeka 

MS007

Hi Rebeka,  

Still same issues. Could you please escalate this issue for me. I am really not happy as it's affecting my daily work and getting stress. I have done all workaround but no luck. I have another PlusNet SIM contract and it's work without any issues so it's not phone issues. It's 100% my new contract SIM issues.

Please fix my issues.

I don't want to regret switching my provider from Vodafone to PlusNet.

Kind Regards, 

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi MS007,

I have picked up your PM and I'll respond shortly. 

- Rebeka 

throughball
Hooked

Hi Rebeka

I have exactly same issue.

Have an iPhone (which I think has problem re manual reset of settings) and need assistance please. I have tried restore of network settings but to no avail.

Thanks

Bego

I have exactly the same issue for the last week...have tried two sims and same PDP message and no access to data other than via WiFi. I get conflicting advice from customer services and this is really impacting my business now. I’m starting to regret moving to Plusnet and want it sorted.
Mucknfuddle
Hooked

Same thing, been without data since I moved over, was told on Monday that when my number ported over their whole network had went down and it was causing his issue , said I would receive a new sim the next day (Tuesday) ad the problem would be fixed , well guess what, no sim arrived that day or yesterday so I Pmed @MichaelWilliams in desperation and had two replies , one asking for number then the next asking for address.... since then , nothing again!! I’m amazed that in this day and age I can’t get a bloody data connection ! One more day and I’m requesting my Pac code ! I’ve also been on phone various times and tried every trick they have suggested to no avail .....
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi throughball,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I would advise to delete any previous network profiles that could be stored on the handset. You can do this by the following:

Settings > General> Scroll to the bottom and open Profiles > Select the profile you wish to remove and tap Delete Profile.

- Rebeka 

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Bego,

I completely understand your frustrations with regards to lack of data, but I must advise, that our SIM cards are provided for personal use and we don't support use for a business.

Having said this, I'll still be more than happy to help. 

If you could please send me a Private Message, I can look into this for you.

- Rebeka 

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Mucknfuddle,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with mobile data and I can assure you that we will do our best to help. 

I must advise however, that the Community is not an instant messaging platform therefore, there may a pause in responses from the mobile staff. 

If this happens, the staff will always pick it back up and respond as and when they can.

If you do require an instant response, I would advise to give us a call on 500 free from your SIM, or catch us on our Live Chat feature. 

Rest assured, Mike will pick this back up and respond in due course.

- Rebeka 

Mobileprob
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Hi,

tried all your suggested fixes.

also tried as suggested by Plusnet:

put handset in airplane mode

remove sim

leave 5 minutes, same result.

The handset works fine with a vodaphone sim.

Mucknfuddle
Hooked

Also tried all the fixes numerous times, 10 years ago something like this might have been possible but surely there is things that can be done on Plusnets side to establish a data connection..... iPhone is difficult or impossible to put in settings manually, I’m sure I used to get a text in the old days with the settings then they were applied , it’s an absolute joke tbh , I would try my new SIM card if I had actually received it yet , you’d think they would make it a priority to keep new customers and make them happy, I’ll be phoning tomorrow for Pac code and I better get some sort of compinsation for having no data for over a week now 😡
throughball
Hooked

Hi Rebeka

There isn't an option of Profiles on my iPhone 6 (under Settings > General> Scroll to the bottom and open Profiles >).

I also attempted the other suggestions (removal of SIM and reset of network preferences), neither of which works.

Next options?

Thanks

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Mobileprob@Mucknfuddle and @throughball,

Can you please follow this guide:

(1)

• Turn the handset off
  • Take the SIM card out
  • Leave it for a couple of minutes
  • Replace the SIM card
  • Turn the handset back on again

It's important to remove the SIM from the handset entirely, to allow it to disconnect and establish a new connection to the network upon re-boot. 

(2)

Reset network settings:

Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

(3)

Delete old network profiles:

Settings > General > Profiles > Select the profile you wish to remove and tap Delete Profile.

(4)

Check for any issues by popping over to the following link and inputting your postcode:

https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice

(5)

Manually disconnecting from the network:

Can you please try manually searching for a network and if given an option, attempt to connect to any other network that differs from EE/Plusnet. Once you've done this, leave it for a couple of minutes and then go back and select EE/Plusnet.

(6)

Ensure handset isn't set to allow for 3G only. 

(7)

Try the SIM in another handset that is unlocked to all networks. 

(8

Delete any old APN settings and insert the following:

Android

Go to Menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks (or More) > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > Menu > New APN

Without changing any other settings, type in the following info:

Name: EE Internet
APN: everywhere
Username: eesecure
Password: secure
MMSC: http://mms/
MMS Proxy: 149.254.201.135
MMS Port: 8080
Authentication type: PAP
APN type: If there's a choice, choose internet+mms. If the keyboard appears, type *

Tap Menu, then Save

To start your new APN, make sure the line is ticked or the radio button is lit by tapping on it.

Check the notification bar for 4G, H, 3G, E or G with up and down arrows beside it. That'll show your connection is working.

(9)

iPhone

Go to Settings > Mobile or Cellular > Mobile Data Network or Cellular Data Network > Access Point Names > Menu > New APN.

For Mobile data:

For MMS:
APN: eezone
MMS Proxy: 149.254.201.135:8080
MMS Max Message Size: 1048576

Tap the left arrow at the top three times, then press the home button.

Check the notification bar for 4G, 3G, E or GPRS. That'll show your connection is working.

(10)

Check for any updates and ensure the handset has been updated to the latest software.

If the issue persists following this, please send myself or any other mobile staff member a Private Message with the following information and we can look into this further.

• A list of all the troubleshooting steps tried
  • Which carrier setting is stored on the handset
  • Plusnet mobile number
  • Plusnet account number
  • Latest version of your IOS/Android software 

Thanks, 

- Rebeka 

Mucknfuddle
Hooked

1)

Turn the handset off
Take the SIM card out
Leave it for a couple of minutes
Replace the SIM card
Turn the handset back on again
It's important to remove the SIM from the handset entirely, to allow it to disconnect and establish a new connection to the network upon re-boot.

Did this 3 times now

(2)

Reset network settings:

Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Also 3 times

(3)

Delete old network profiles:

Settings > General > Profiles > Select the profile you wish to remove and tap Delete Profile.

There is no profiles section so no profile was saved

(4)

Check for any issues by popping over to the following link and inputting your postcode:

https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/

No problems with network

(5)

Manually disconnecting from the network:

Can you please try manually searching for a network and if given an option, attempt to connect to any other network that differs from EE/Plusnet. Once you've done this, leave it for a couple of minutes and then go back and select EE/Plusnet.

Also tried this , no change

(6)

Ensure handset isn't set to allow for 3G only.

It’s set for 4g

(7)

Try the SIM in another handset that is unlocked to all networks.

Tried in my unlocked 6s Plus, same issues

(8

Delete any old APN settings and insert the following:

Android

Go to Menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks (or More) > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > Menu > New APN

Name: EE Internet
MMS Proxy: 149.254.201.135
MMS Port: 8080
Authentication type: PAP
APN type: If there's a choice, choose internet+mms. If the keyboard appears, type *

Tap Menu, then Save

To start your new APN, make sure the line is ticked or the radio button is lit by tapping on it.

Check the notification bar for 4G, H, 3G, E or G with up and down arrows beside it. That'll show your connection is working.

(9)

iPhone

Go to Settings > Mobile or Cellular > Mobile Data Network or Cellular Data Network > Access Point Names > Menu > New APN.

For Mobile data:

For MMS:
APN: eezone
MMS Proxy: 149.254.201.135:8080
MMS Max Message Size: 1048576

Tap the left arrow at the top three times, then press the home button.

Check the notification bar for 4G, 3G, E or GPRS. That'll show your connection is working.

No option to put these settings in on iPhone 6s

(10)

Check for any updates and ensure the handset has been updated to the latest software.

It’s ios 11.4so it’s the latest

If the issue persists following this, please send myself or any other mobile staff member a Private Message with the following information and we can look into this further.

A list of all the troubleshooting steps tried
Which carrier setting is stored on the handset
Plusnet mobile number
Plusnet account number
Latest version of your IOS/Android software
Thanks,

I’ve tries this but have only had two replies so far, new sim supposed to be here 2 days ago, let’s see if it comes today and fixes this issue ....

- Rebeka