cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDP Authentication Failure mobile data

Ultimatepip

PDP Authentication Failure mobile data

Received my plusnet sim yesterday. Installed in iPad and I can see plusnet 3G but no data, gives PDP authentication error. I have set my APN =everywhere, username = eesecure and password = secure.

acciunt team are saying it's a network error, but I see some posts on the forum indicating a faulty batch of SIMs. The iPad was previously used with an EE sim, where by the way I used to get a 4G signal in my home but plusnet only giving me 3G in my home. Anyway that's a secondary issue to no data right now. I want to minimise the downtime, worried this network issue is a red herring, anyone else having similar problems and been able to fix?

thanks all

Tags (2)
23 REPLIES 23
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: PDP Authentication Failure mobile data

Hi Ultimatepip,

I'm sorry to hear about this and I'd like to help. If you could send me a private message, I'll be more than happy to look into this further for you.

- Rebeka Smiley

Tags (1)
DeeCee73
Dabbler

I got my sim the day before you and have same problem when trying sim in both iphone and android. Since I put a port request in when I received the sim I'm giving the benefit of the doubt that the issue is to do with the port and hope to see an change when the port is complete. Currently my original sim is active so not having a great impact until it goes dead.

I'll be a little narked if it's not working post-port.

Arturus

In process of changing the family to Plusnet mobile and it appears at least 3 of us have this problem and it is starting to cause us a very great deal of trouble.  Please seek solution top priority.

Arturus

Sorry accidental repeat post

Nadja

Hi Rebeka

I have tried Settings - Reset Network and with no success, I have two separate accounts and they both have same problem, am right in thinking that both Sims I have just received are faulty, if so I am very disappointed about joining Plusnet.

alocke
Hooked

Yep, me too. I received my sim on Friday and the exact same problem. Details in this thread:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/No-data-iOS/m-p/1402400#M1754

Abel_uk

Received my sim Thursday, and having same issue too. Phone and text fine. Done all the reset stuff (flight mode /sim out / reset network setting etc) and updated carrier settings on iphone6. Also unable to get 4g signal, my work ee phone has 4g signal at my house but not my plus net sim.

I spoke to CS who said it is a known issue and has been escalated to the operations department. Who interestingly seem to work only Mon to Friday.

If it is not sorted by Tueday plusnet can Jog on and will move back to my old network and take my broadband elsewhere !

Not Happy !

Ultimatepip

Another update, no change in status from me...still no data or 4G signal.. keep hoping....

Donnash_31

I bought 3 sims, put them in on Friday as numbers were porting over. No data! I thought I just needed to update settings but after calling plusnet I'm now unhappy to find there is a fault! 3 cheesed off teens now!
angie20
Dabbler

I am fuming. ordered sim last week, successfully ported number over today but no access to data,paid UPFRONT for 4GB and cant use it. PlusNet must have been aware and despite me querying other things they failed to mention this problem. I assumed it was the porting over that caused it but it is obviously not the case. I don't want extra data put on my account, id like a refund for this months payment as 'compensation'.More than anything I want to access mobile data!!! I swapped to plusnet mainly because of the data allowance on this monthly sim, not much point if it cant be accessed. I have just phoned and was told if there are a lot of people with the issue it will be dealt with asap

Nadja

Come on Plusnet time to take your head out of the sand and standup and take responsibility for this failure, users are paying for mobile data that they have no access to and this is wrong  

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

I mentioned this on this post earlier today - "The other phone was an iPhone, possibly on the Vodaphone network which again had a data issue. Finding the Vodaphone profile and deleting that cured this one too (iirc the profile was not in the APN settings, but it's been a while since I've messed with an iPhone)".

I don't know if other mobile providers also have this profile folder, but might be worth a look.

binaryben

I received a SIM from Plusnet on 6/1/2017 , it works fine for calls but it has not worked for data at all. I get an error "PDP Authentication Error" when I try to connect to the internet over cellular. I rang customer services 8/1/2017 and they said it was a common problem which they knew about and were dealing with and would add my name to the list.

Ultimatepip

UPDATE: all data problems should be fixed by latest noon tomorrow (12Jan noon)