Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of allowances charges.

FIXED
ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Out of allowances charges.

One of my Plusnet sims ran out of data in the current billing month so data is turned off on the phone until the allowances renew at the end of the billing month.

Now with data turned off the sim is being charged in real money for no data used up to the Smart Cap limit ?

Using “View Historic Usage” I have a few days where data is recorded @ 0Mb with a charge of £0:00p so why has my Smart Cap gone up to the limit of the preset £2 ?

Unless we can reduce the Smart Cap to zero pounds and pence it seems we are open to daylight robbery unless someone can give me a good explanation to why this is happening.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Out of allowances charges.

Hi @ChrisAtBristol,

We’d only charge you for your Smart Cap if it was used, however if you don’t think this has been the case please send me a Private Message and we can look into this for you.

ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro

Good Morning Emily

PM sent.

ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro

Fix

Hi Emily, sorry for the delay getting back to you but I’ve been away for a few days.

Anyway I’m back now and thought I would post this on the open forum just so others are aware.

The answer to your question about having Wifi Sync or Assist turned on, the answer is yes it was turned on.

Being an Android man myself I was not aware using an iPhone with Wifi Sync or Assist turned on over rides the command of having mobile data turned off.

So this problem is in effect an Apple iPhone problem and not Plusnet problem but who on Earth would believe that one very important setting such has turning off mobile data could be over rid by another setting.Sad

Just as well I was not abroad somewhere then turning off mobile data thinking that stops getting any roaming charges then connecting to a hotel or cafe wifi network then walking out of range of the wifi network and hay presto I’m getting roaming charges for using the mobile network and me oblivious to that because I thought I had mobile data turned off.

I thank god I’m on personally on Android because when data is turned off, it’s turned off.Smiley

Anyway thank for your time and I will mark this thread fixed.

RJM
Rising Star

This is Apple's explanation of "WiFi Assist":

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT205296