Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order cancellation

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Order cancellation

Just wondered if it's correct you cannot cancel a SIM order until it has been delivered to you & then you have to call in & send it back? Just sounds a bit daft to me.
8 REPLIES 8
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Order cancellation

I belive that is the case, yes.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

So what happens if you dont actually receive the SIM?

You are stuck with PN forever?

I think NOT.

Sounds ******* to me - err perhaps even a possible breach of your basic rights under CRA

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/phone-internet-downloads-or-tv/cancelling-a-phone-tv-inte...

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

When I cancelled it was certainly not required to return the sim. The service had been de-activated anyway so even if someone else had acquired the sim and tried to use it, it wouldn't have worked.

I cancelled via e-mail and phone just to make sure and specifically asked about the sim. "Dispose of it" was the reply.

StuartHunt
Hooked

The only way to cancel the order is to wait for the SIM to be activated which could take a number of weeks. You will continue to be charged even when your account is inactive.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @southerner, thanks for your post.

So that we can check into your account, can you please PM me the order reference number along with your full name and address?

With regards the SIM needing to arrive - it's more a case that the SIM would be delivered over the same period of time when we are building your account. We're not able to cancel an order where an account hasn't been set up as of yet.

Also - You definitely wouldn't need to send the SIM back to us.

RobC
Pro

@southerner

If it is JUST a sim, then at least some @ plusnet ( @dvorak for example ) would seem to be attempting to class a sim as 'equipment'

If it is just a sim, make sure you raise a 'formal complaint',

It seems unlikely the regulator would agree with that position from PN.

Please keep us informed.

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Thanks for all the responses.

For anyone else that might find themselves in the same position it appears to me that you can't cancel your order until you receive your 'welcome' e-mail with contract attached as you don't have a mobile number or account number until that stage that can be cancelled.

That's not to say I think it's a good way to do things. To me it would make more sense to be able to query, change or cancel the order straight away referencing the order number generated when the order is submitted.

RobC
Pro

Plusnet might say that, but their system issues are not yours to own and manage.

As long as you have notified them of the cancellation in line with legal requirements, it would seem that PN could be breaching consumer law in what they are doing.

Anyone in this situation should at the very least Notify PN of 'FORMAL COMPLAINT', and detail the cancellation within that formal complaint.

Which is your evidence that you have cancelled, and object to PN not actioning the cancellation.

If you dont

- then look through these forums for people who cancelled PN, but ended up with their credit rating affected by PN NOT actioning them and continuing to bill.