Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing issue in Cardiff

pkw
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Ongoing issue in Cardiff

Hi all, 

A bit frustrated about an EE issue in my area,  can't receive calls or texts since Monday now.  I guess Plusnet can't do anything about it,  and EE says they don't have estimated date of fix. In all fairness Plusnet offered a compensation but what I really need is a working service,  starting to think about moving which would be a shame... 

12 REPLIES 12
pkw
Aspiring Pro

Re: Ongoing issue in Cardiff

Strangely,  while the EE status checker reports the issue at my home postcode,  in another area it says everything's fine,  but the issue persists.  I can only make outgoing calls and texts.  Huh

fibreuser
Grafter

I would get an ee payg sim to check its not plusnet at fault.

I am not in Cardiff but have issues on plusnet mobile receiving calls like many others on this forum, and as such am in the process of porting out to another network.

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

They've already spoken to EE who admit they have an issue there so it's a waste of time getting an EE sim.

I'd also say it's a waste of time swapping suppliers (unless it's a really long term problem for EE) as any carrier can have issues with masts.

fibreuser
Grafter

Lets be fair, I doubt ee are having issues on a specific mast that they havent fixed.

Getting a free ee sim and testing it out to prove its not ee is easy and based on the faults reported here, highly likely to just be a plusnet problem.

pkw
Aspiring Pro

It's a good idea but I'm not spending £10 just to test out an EE sim, besides as I said earlier, in another location (so a different mast) EE says it's ok, while I'm still having the issue. I'm using a SIP account as a workaround to receive calls but if it persists for too long I'll be probably porting my number out to Three.

fibreuser
Grafter

At worst you can get an ee sim from a supermarket for £1 or free from ee direct.... 

http://shop.ee.co.uk/price-plans/free-sim

pkw
Aspiring Pro

Don't I need to top up to activate it? 

fibreuser
Grafter

I dont believe so.

If you do get one , I would be very keen to know if the problem exists on ee or if its just plusnet,so please post back!

pkw
Aspiring Pro

You do actually, I've just chatted with an agent. Perhaps I can find somebody on EE, if I do I'll post here.

fibreuser
Grafter

Pretty sure you don't just to receive calls and texts, ordering a free one or at worst losing £1 seems worth a go. I did it recently and it worked without a top up

pkw
Aspiring Pro

Just confirmed with someone on EE, they haven't had any issues. So it looks like PN after all. They're sending me a replacement SIM. 

pkw
Aspiring Pro

Ok, just to follow up. I haven't received my replacement sim yet. Today all of a sudden the problem disappeared on its own. I suddenly received all the texts sent to me during last week in one go. I can also take calls again. I didn't do anything. Shocked Chatted to PN agent who applied small compensation to my account but they couldn't tell what was the problem. I'm happy for the service to be back but it would be good to know what was it. Needless to say, my faith in PN reliability has been a little shaken. Overall I was without full service for over a week. Hopefully that's that now. Smiley