Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One size fits all sim

FIXED
Anon
Pro

One size fits all sim

Can someone explain what the one size fits all sim card means on Pnets advertising for mobile phones.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
6 REPLIES 6
MarcJohnson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: One size fits all sim

Fix

Good afternoon Anon!

We send-out 'Triple Snap' SIM cards, that can be physically snapped-down from Standard- to Micro- and/ or then to Nano-sized SIMs as appropriate for your handset. Of course, they can't be snapped back to a larger size, but we can send out replacements (which we will usually have to charge for), if needed. Smiley

I hope that clears that up for you and don't hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any other questions!

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Not wanting to confuse things but........

The credit card sized bit of plastic that you usually push the sim out of is in reality the full sized sim. I still have a few phones that take it whole as it were.

Which is why what is now called the standard sim is also often referred to as the mini sim.

Then as already said we have the micro and the nano.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@MarcJohnson wrote:

Of course, they can't be snapped back to a larger size, but we can send out replacements (which we will usually have to charge for), if needed. Smiley

Or you could get one of these.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anon
Pro

Thanks for the tip and thanks to Marc.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Siju

Hi
Can I order a micro sim for my number [Removed]
Thanks

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum to an area that staff can see.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Siju

We can certainly order you a replacement SIM card if you wish! Smiley If you'd like to send me a PM by clicking on my profile, I'll ensure this is sorted for you. We're not able to dispatch SIM cards over the weekend, but it will be sent first thing tomorrow and you'll receive it within 1-2 working days- it's as simple as that! 

Once it's received, you'll just need to get back in touch and we can manually activate it for you which can take up to two hours. -Ashleigh