cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtain PAC without ridiculous wait

bananas33
Hooked

Obtain PAC without ridiculous wait

I need more data but apparently 5GB is the limit for non-broadband customers, so I just need a PAC, there's no point going through the retentions rigmarole but apparently a phone call is the only way.  I've tried calling a few times tonight to be warned that it will be 15 to 20 minutes wait which is just not acceptable.  Can I obtain a PAC here, or any other way which won't involve a ludicrous wait?

8 REPLIES 8
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Obtain PAC without ridiculous wait

Sorry to hear you're wanting to leave us.

Unfortunately, the call queues were higher last night due to an issue with the network which is now resolved

If you call back up you should get through to the relevant team quicker

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
bananas33
Hooked

Only leaving because of the 5GB maximum, oh well!

I did wonder if the service problems had bumped the load but I've just called again and being told "we're getting a lot more calls than normal" - is there a direct number I can call?  I think I was given one in live chat but I must've saved it wrongly, getting through to broadband!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi bananas33 ,

Who ever told you that you cannot have move than 5GB is totally wrong 

If you call 500 from your PlusNet mobile then select 3 and ask what's on offer advise them that there are some very good deals on offer as you are thinking of leaving because of the lack of data

Virgin Mobile 2500 mins U/L texts 24GB data with data roll over  12 month contract         £15 per month on EE

Three U/L mins U/L texts 30GB Data  12 month contract                                                    £17 per month on their own network

VOXI U/L mins U/L texts  15GB Data  No contact but you have to be under 30 years old  £15 per month on Vodaphone

I think you will get a good deal

Brian A

bananas33
Hooked

I figured having to call might open some options, but if I can never get through I might as well just get a PAC. I'll have another go tomorrow...
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you press the 3 after calling 500 you get though to another department I think and they answer a lot quicker I have found

Its strange that PlusNet staff have not advised you to do that and tell them what you get elsewhere

I have just tried and they answered in three rings

Please let me know what happens

Brian A

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @bananas33, did you manage to get through to someone regarding this?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
bananas33
Hooked

I did, just as I was typing a reply about yet another long wait!  I'm not struck by either offer made but I'll ponder some more.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

No worries @bananas33, do let us know how everything goes.