Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPS Team - outstanding questions!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

OPS Team - outstanding questions!

I thought it might be useful to summarise the questions that have been escalated to the 'OPS team' for which we are STILL awaiting answers... ((In the forlorn hope that it might shame them into responding)

1) re updating of the PlusNet coverage map to reflect the lack of 800mhz band - 4 weeks

see https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Mis-selling/td-p/1484494/page/2

2) regarding confirmation of which countries PN actually have roaming agreements with - 8 weeks

see https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/APN-settings-defaulted-to-ORANGE/td-p/1460030/page/2

3) charges for calling UIFN 00800 numbers - 8 weeks

see https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/International-Freephone-UIFN-00800-numbers-call-charges/m-p/146...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

5 REPLIES 5
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: OPS Team - outstanding questions!

Hi 

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi 

2) regarding confirmation of which countries PN actually have roaming agreements with -

- We have access to all the EU countries, and while it may differ to the list that EE have agreements with in terms of the amount of networks available in each country, we do have agreements with a provider in every EU country.

3) charges for calling UIFN 00800 numbers -

- The 00800 numbers aren’t currently available from our network, so charges for it are irrelevant.

Hope this helps!

- Rebeka Smiley

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Rebeka,  I thank you for your perseverance in getting a response. However you will forgive me if I remain sceptical of the answers.

In regards to the coverage map ,  I'm not convinced that your coverage checker is different to that of EE. For example I'm currently staying in a holiday cottage with a postcode of S322HH, your coverage checker says excellent 4g coverage. Rubbish! It's non existent...

I will accept your answer on roaming in EU countries since we don't seem to have had any reported problems recently , or maybe no-ones been to Croatia recently?

On the UIFN subject you appear to be saying that it's not possible to dial a 00800 number on PN? It's certainly possible on the EE network. I'm tempted to try it to prove it , but aren't prepared to risk the £1/ Min charge.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

There's nothing functionally special regarding the UIFN numbers , they're just International numbers with a country code of 800 so I'd be amazed if they're blocked.