Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numbers appears to be not working?

Hobby
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Numbers appears to be not working?

A bit odd this but basically last used my phone a week ago and all OK.

I am currently in a location that has no mobile signal (working offshore) but up until yesterday I could dial in from a land line to check my voice mail with no issues.

Today when I ring I get an unobtainable number tone. Also when any one else rings from another mobile or landline they also cannot get through and it does not go to voice mail, just number unobtainable.

I believe there is some sort of fault with my number. I have rang Plusnet who say my voice mail is switched on and my line is all working Ok according to the network.

Now I know I cannot get a mobile signal where I am so cannot test the phone but surely if the phone is even switched off completely regardless of location dialling in to the number should still get me through to my voice?

Obviously I can check all is working once I can get back onshore to where there is a mobile transmitter. Just worried that there is a fault and trying to get sorted now instead of waiting two more weeks and missing any call messages. 

Any thoughts from anyone including Plusnet

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
Hobby
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Re: Numbers appears to be not working?

Got back and worked out what had happened. Voicemail box was full due to a very long message! It appears when you voicemail box is full your answer service stops working. Very odd really.

Cleared the voicemail box and all back to normal.