cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number porting

ARV1701

Number porting

Hello. I joined Plusnet on 17th March 2023. I gave the information to have my number ported over from my current provider when I joined up online. This has not happened four weeks later and I have received no emails or text messages to say when or even if it will happen.. I have rung Plusnet three times about this issue with them telling me that I am in a queue and that they don't know when it will happen. How long is this queue? My wife joined the same day as myself and her number was ported over on the Tuesday after. Incidentally we were with the same provider. Can anybody help me just to be able to use the number that I have had for quite a few years now? Many thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Number porting

Did both numbers start off with the same provider, when you first got them?  I think that matters more than your last provider.  If memory serves me correctly, a mobile number port happens by the new provider and the original provider who "owns" the number (and possibly the losing provider) all making changes and those being communicated around.

Hopefully a staff member can get this escalated as that does seem far to long for it to be going on.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ARV1701

Re: Number porting

Yes both numbers were originally from the same provider. We've both had these numbers for 10+ years. Originally orange, then EE before they were ported to GiffGaff.