cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number porting . . . . . . . or NOT porting.

trecker

Number porting . . . . . . . or NOT porting.

Have I made the biggest mistake of my life ?

I fell for the Plusnet TV advertising about wonderful service, customer services, and customer satisfaction.

I ordered a sim only deal, sim arrived next day, requested a port to my old number, and within hours my old number on my old talk talk sim was shut down and can't be used.

That was 5 days ago. Today my old number has still not ported over. So much for one day changing, or even two day !

I have just tried ringing 500 customer support, and the chap said I got my security questions wrong so I would have to hang up and ring back. He could not ask me the questions again to re-verify them???

I suppose I'm stuck now. I can't go back to my old supplier, I can't change to another supplier until such time as PN find my number.

I haven't got my service up and running yet with PN but have already been totally let down by them. 

When am I likely to be able to have my number ported? Whats the point in giving everybody the number PN have given me if its suddenly going to go over to my old number ?

The least plusnet should do is change their promise of one working day to 'sometime in the future, if ever' and remove their TV advertising.

3 REPLIES 3
MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Re: Number porting . . . . . . . or NOT porting.

Hello there trecker. I'm very sorry to hear your port hasn't completed within timescale, and that you're beginning to reconsider. We do pride ourselves on the factors you've outlined, so it's disheartening to hear we fell short in this instance.

Our engineers will be hard at work to resolve the issue with your port and bring in all of the porting files successfully; as a delay can occur for a number of reasons it's difficult to set a specific timescale but please rest assured they will be working to get this sorted as quickly as possible. If you'd like me to act as a point of contact for you, please drop me a Private Message and I'll keep you updated. We do ask, if you did want to port your number out, that we wait until the number has successfully ported in to our network, so we can be sure we're sending a complete set of files out.

In terms of passing security on the phone, it sounds as if you have been misinformed - you can certainly have at least a second attempt at answering the security questions on a call. I'd really like to correct this with the agent in question, so if you could send me the aforementioned Private Message I can chase this up.

trecker

Well porting took a bit longer than expected, but is now completed and everything running fine.

Thank you to the help given by Michael Williams on the Plusnet team. Mission accomplished.

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

No need to thank me, trecker. I'm very grateful for your patience and understanding.

I'm very sorry it took a little longer than expected, and I'm confident your time with us will be a lot smoother sailing from here on out.