Did you mean: 

Number porting - complete farce

FIXED
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Number porting - complete farce

@jgfrancis I guess this https://www.transatel.com/mvno-solutions/ is who we're talking about.

That would possibly explain lots of the issues regarding support when things don't work e.g porting, roaming etc

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jgfrancis
Grafter

Yes, that's who I was referring to. There are probably very few, if any, agents in the UK. Most issues get sent to France with a 5 day turnaround.

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@@jgfrancis wrote:

Although Plusnet is owned by BT, its services are provided by a French company which provides MVNO facilities to many companies worldwide.

This company buys airtime from EE which is then sold on to the likes of Plusnet and other mvno providers.

I would imagine that when Plusnet refer to their operations team, this means the French company in France.

So what we consider to be 'Plusnet' is just a call center with no real connection to .. well anything

.. except maybe access to billing account details - probably also managed/hosted in France.

That explains a lot.

Nigerian/Indian call center model in reverse:

Call center in a country

- everything else done by somebody and somewhere else who think little of and listen even less too the call center and the customers issues.

At least with the Nigerian model you could get to the actual operators when you escalated an issue.

Just sorting out a sky sim. and I'll never be coming back to plusnet as a provider - even if they half the prices.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @RobC 

So what we consider to be 'Plusnet' is just a call center with no real connection to .. well anything

.. except maybe access to billing account details - probably also managed/hosted in France.

This is not the case at all. 

Whilst it is no secret that we have call centers (what ISP does not) our Offices are much more than just Sales/CS/Tech floors with no actual contact when it comes to the more "nitty gritty" parts of the business. We have Operations Team staff on site in both Leeds and Sheffield for the Mobile side of things, and for the Broadband & Home Phone service we have everything from newly trained CS staff, to network engineers, to Change Managers & Incident Teams housed in the same buildings. 

Also - billing is managed in house and within the UK. No part of it leaves our offices here as far as I am aware...but I will gladly double check this for you.

That explains a lot.

Nigerian/Indian call center model in reverse:

Again, this is not quite correct - one link in the chain being off seas does not constitute this model - to be fully transparent, when we contact our supplier for Broadband related issues we are more often than not speaking to people who are overseas, as do all ISPs who use the Network and share a supplier (as this is where the are based), so this is nothing different to how things have been run before we integrated Life into the family and had to send things over to MNVO...it just goes to a different place than the BB issues do - that's all.

- everything else done by somebody and somewhere else who think little of and listen even less too the call center and the customers issues.

There is actually very little that is done by somebody who is not sat in an office somewhere or other in Yorkshire, save tasks which fall outside of our jurisdiction.  

Just sorting out a sky sim. and I'll never be coming back to plusnet as a provider - even if they half the prices.

I'm sorry to see that you are leaving us and would love the opportunity to prevent this from happening and change your mind. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

RobC
Pro

@MasterOfReality wrote:

We have Operations Team staff on site in both Leeds and Sheffield for the Mobile side of things, and for the Broadband & Home Phone service we have everything from newly trained CS staff, to network engineers, to Change Managers & Incident Teams housed in the same buildings.

A five day stated turnaround on basic issues, let alone repeatedly failing to even get back to a customer after repeated '5 day turnarounds from someone 'in the same building' seems to dispute that

@MasterOfReality wrote:

Hi @RobC 

There is actually very little that is done by somebody who is not sat in an office somewhere or other in Yorkshire, 

Exactly

@MasterOfReality wrote:

Hi @RobC 

I'm sorry to see that you are leaving us and would love the opportunity to prevent this from happening and change your mind. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

1. Start sorting out those far too often messed up ports - stop them happening let alone not even fixing them.

2. Start getting back to customers with issues resolved in less than the 5 days

which I assume is supposed to be the maximum SLA turnaround not a starting point,

rather than NOT even getting back to them, let alone NOT actually resolving the issue

3. Actually notify customers regarding issues with your service via your utterly unused service staus page rather than leaving them in the dark and sat on massive queues because you have an issue and nobody knows whats happening

Nothing too dramatic, just some basic competent service and issue resolution ....

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Fix

Hi @dg59,

I've had confirmation that our Mobile Ops team believe this should now be resolved. They've advised that there was a weird rerouting issue that was added between the O2 service and the move to us. 

Can you confirm if you're still having issues with this. 

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@dg59, just occurred to me that I could check by calling (as my phone was one of the one that wouldn't work) and it did ring this time so fingers crossed! As I said let me know either way.

dg59
Hooked

Just done a quick test with a call & text and they both came through without a problem.
Hopefully this is fully rectified now.
Many thanks for your help with this.
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@dg59

Phew. I hope so too. Let me know if not. I've also added a credit onto the account for a month too to apologise. 

dg59
Hooked

Thanks for that. Hopefully won't need to contact you again (nothing personal Smiley ).
RobC
Pro

@JOLO wrote:
our Mobile Ops team believe this should now be resolved. They've advised that there was a weird rerouting issue that was added between the O2 service and the move to us. 

Seems all too common

- what are they doing to address the root cause so you wont be spending weeks getting customers to jump through entirely pointless hoops again and again, while the customer service - simply isnt a properly working service (if at all in some cases)?

They might not realise or care how bad that is for PN's business

but you certainly should be able to see that