Did you mean: 

Number ported but no data

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Number ported but no data

Thanks for getting back to us @Sallyiom 

I've discussed this with @JOLO  and I understand you've PM'd us over Facebook, which from reading your posts via our community forums I was unaware of this fact. I've now linked both your community and Facebook accounts together within the internal system we use when responding to posts.

I understand an hour ago @JOLO has passed the examples you've provided over Facebook to our mobile operations team and we'll be sure to update you as soon as we know more.

Thanks again and for your patience while we work to resolve this issue.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @philbean 

I've discussed this with a colleague from our mobile operations team and we can see everything is configured correctly on our side now including the profiles in order to use data and send text messages. However we can also see that the APN settings in your phone aren't correct, can you ensure the settings in your phone are as Here?

Feel free to PM me a screenshot showing these settings in your phone and I'll be happy to double check them.

If you're still having issues, we'd need you to try putting your Plusnet SIM card into a different handset as we've checked and we can't see any evidence of you doing this I'm afraid. 

If you're still having issues, to investigate further could you PM me 3 further examples in the usual format from within the past 48 hours showing the times when you've attempted to use your service. We would be requesting new examples because the previous examples won't show us anything new now.

Thanks in advance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
philbean
Dabbler

Absolute joke.

I've done this half a dozen times. I'm not doing it again.

Cancel + PAC code time.

I thought Virgin were pretty poor.  How wrong I was.

Sallyiom
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

I totally agree Phil. I’ve decided to give them until Friday and I suspect there will be no change for me as to acquiring mobile data or the ability to send texts. Good luck with porting out - I hope PN are more successful with that. If I get a similar reply to you then my PAC request will be going in sooner- I can’t view APN settings on my phone. I wonder if Virgin will have us back...😉
Sallyiom
Dabbler

@Gandalf
Actually it was Twitter ... sigh. Also multiple phone calls to 500 number
philbean
Dabbler

The fact that me & Sally both ported from Virgin 3G at pretty much the same time and are having EXACTLY the same issues, even when I'm on Android and she's on an iPhone should ring bells. But no, It seems I must have the wrong APN settings (although they're auto set by the SIM) and I'm lying about trying it in different phones. And I have to create 3 new 'examples' which is nonsense in itself.

There is no data. At all. Ever. Check my account. I have used ZERO bytes.

How can I give examples?Huh

Eg 1  16:06 - I checked the phone and have no data connection.
Eg 2  16:07 - I checked the phone and have no data connection.
Eg 3  16:08 - I checked the phone and have no data connection.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @Sallyiom,

From what I can see we have sent the information you have sent over twitter to the relevant team for investigation. This can take up to 5 working days and we will get back to you once we know more.

@philbean, as per my colleague Anoush's response the settings in your handset are for your previous provided and therefore your sim will not connect to the network. We can see this at our side and would need you to update the setting to those @Gandalf has pointed you towards.

Once you have updated these and please let us know if the issue persists.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Sallyiom
Dabbler

@SammyM
Five working days will take us to next Wednesday! Over 2 weeks since I joined Plusnet and almost 2 weeks since I raised the issue. This is not good enough. Is this registered as a formal complaint? If not how do I do this?
philbean
Dabbler

They ARE updated.

I've checked them again and again.

If they are still showing as Virgins settings at your end then that shows there is a problem. AT YOUR END.

Screenshot_2019-08-14-16-24-20-859_com.android.settings.pngScreenshot_2019-08-14-16-24-37-025_com.android.settings.png

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@Gandalf wrote:

Hi @philbean 

I've discussed this with a colleague from our mobile operations team and we can see everything is configured correctly on our side now including the profiles in order to use data and send text messages. However we can also see that the APN settings in your phone aren't correct, can you ensure the settings in your phone are as Here?

Feel free to PM me a screenshot showing these settings in your phone and I'll be happy to double check them.

@philbean 

There are issues with some phones and some versions where the apn settings dont update from the sim - more prevalent with apples but android does get the issue.

Please check your APN settings (settings, connections, mobile networks, Access point names - or whatever it is on your version of android) and if necessary add  - perhaps after trying 'reset to defaults' from the three dots:

Name: Plusnet (for example)

Mobile data fields:

APN: everywhere
Username: eesecure
Password: secure

MMS fields:

APN: eezone
Username: eesecure
Password: secure
MMSC: http://mms/
MMS Proxy: 149.254.201.135:8080
MMS Max Message Size: 1048576

other fields should remain 'not set

Also ensure any enable/disable field is set to APN enabled for the plusnet settings.

Worth a try ..

@philbean 

Sorry was typing this when you posted and didn't see your update until after I posted.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
philbean
Dabbler

Tried that Rob.

Sure I tried it before but just did it again.

reset the APNs.

Added the new one as you described. Selected it.

Rebooted.  Checked it was still on the "plusnet" one

Still no data connection.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the detail and your private message @philbean 

As per my previous response we've checked the configuration and following the profile being updated, everything looks OK on our side with all services being enabled.

What we need to do now is get this raised back through for further investigation, however this unfortunately does mean we need additional (3) examples in the following format and ideally 2 or 3 more examples in the alternate phone handset. These examples will need to be from within the past 48 hours for us to be able to see the logs of them.

Date: 

Time: 

Service Attempted:  

Phone Number (if applicable): 

Error that occurred: 

Postcode: 

Handset make and model: 

I understand you may be reluctant to do this however this is the way we're going to progress the fault I'm afraid. By providing thorough information this will help avoid the case simply being passed back to us.

I do sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this causes.

Thanks for getting back to us @Sallyiom 

While I do apologise for the timeframe we've provided that is 5 working days, it is worth noting that doesn't mean we're not going to do anything until the last day. This is under investigation and an update will be provided once we have one.

I understand that our support team have previously requested you to provide examples however from what I can see these weren't received until you messaged us them yesterday via Twitter.

We are working to get this sorted as soon as we can and we'll update you when we know more. If you'd like to escalate your complaint please see our complaints code of practice Here however there is nothing more that can be done at this stage.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Sallyiom
Dabbler

@Gandalf
If you read my messages properly you would see that I had collected 3 examples of text and 3 examples of failed internet last Thursday. When I tried to phone them through I was then told a) they wanted them from different postcodes over the time period and b) when I asked to speak to supervisor (Michael) he told me that he couldn’t understand why I had been asked to collect the examples and he arranged for a new SIM to be sent out and credited my account. That was on Thursday evening 8/8/19. So those examples were not collected - not my fault. When I phoned on Sunday and spoke to Molly(?) she told me I needed the examples and I told her about the conversation with Michael and that he was going to ring me on Monday to make sure that I was now sorted. She suggested I waited until I spoke to Michael. He never rang. I hope you can understand why I am unhappy
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @Sallyiom I can see my colleague Joe has collated the examples from you and has submitted the webform to our Mobile Operations Team. I do apologise for the mixed messages and what you were informed by Michael, I will have this fedback. It is a failure of service on our part that he had not contacted you on Monday to follow up on your query.

Just to help with the management of your query, I would advise keeping the communication within one support channel, that way it helps the information you have already provided us not getting lost.

I responded to your other thread post yesterday, my colleague Gandalf attempted to assist you with the same matter on this channel. You have also been in touch with us over on Twitter, which can lead to repeated answers and having difficulties assisting you with your query.

We will be happy to continue to assist you on Twitter or on the Community Thread, whichever method you prefer. Hopefully, you will have an update for you soon, we appreciate your continued patience.

Kind regards.

Sallyiom
Dabbler

I have replied via email. I was not attempting to seek help from customer support via the community forum but was seeking to reach out to the wider community, other Plusnet customers to see if they were encountering similar problems. I thought that was what Community Forum was for. My mistake.