Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number ported but no data

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Number ported but no data

Hi @philbean - I'm sorry that you haven't had a response to this so far. I've just chased this again via our mobile team and will update you when I learn more.

Best wishes

Dave

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@philbean wrote:

Have completed the form.

Any idea how long EE will take to look at this?  Because I'm already starting to think about cancelling and asking for my PAC.

PN apparently have a 5 working day (a week - seems nowt happens at weekends) sla with EE

- which is also the bit that mindlessly demands that detail whatever the issue.

EE customer service are also known to foist it on customers with such issues - albeit FAR less often.

- even if its 'simply a field in the customers profile which needs correcting to the standard entry it should be.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Sallyiom
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

I am having the same problems - no data, can receive texts but cannot send. Been sent a new SIM which has made no difference. Frustrated by the responses from Support.
philbean
Dabbler

I'm becoming convinced this is something to do with the fact that I posted in from Virgin 3G only and, being from one EE provider to another EE provider, EE have botched the port somehow and left something on my account still pointing at Virgin instead of Plusnet.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @philbean,

The mobile operations team have had confirmation this morning that EE have rebuilt the profile so hopefully everything should be working as expected. Can you restart your device and retest it for us?

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@Sallyiom can you send one of the online staff a PM answering the information below, with your mobile number, name on the account and address on the account (inc postcode) so we can look into this for you. 

Has the SIM been tried in another handset:

Other Handset Make:

Other Handset Model:

Sim Swapped:

Intermittent or Persistent:

Your Handset Make & Model:

Has the service ever worked?:

Location Occuring:

Issue Start Date:

Issue Experienced On:

Error Message:

Examples: 
Example 1
Date:
Time:
Service Attempted:
Phone Number (if applicable):
Error that occurred:

Example 2
Date:
Time:
Service Attempted:
Error that occurred:

Example 3
Date:
Time:
Service Attempted:
Error that occurred:

Sallyiom
Dabbler

Hi Joe
I’ve already done all that. I’d read your Friday post and copied from that to add to what customer support were already asking.
philbean
Dabbler

Restarted phone.

Took SIM out for 2 mins.

Rebooted again.

No change at all. No data. No ability to send texts.

I'm approaching the end of the road now to be honest. I can't afford to wait weeks for my phone to work. And now we've got Sally, who just like me has just ported in from Virgin, with the exact same issues.

philbean
Dabbler

and both me and Sally were previously on the Virgin 3G service,  not their 4G service.

Its got to be something to do with this.

On Plusnet, my signal strength always shows 3G or H.  Never shows a 4G signal.

And yes I have checked many times my phone is set to LTE preferred.

If I go to manually pick a network and choose Plusnet 4G it then automatically flips back to Plusnet 3G.

Its like it will not accept Plusnet 4G as the network.

Sallyiom
Dabbler

I have had enough after a week but I am concerned that getting a PAC from PN won’t work with another provider as they will just be passing on incorrect data. I moved from 3G with Virgin to 4G with PN. That seems to be a part of the problem. Is it EEs profile settings? Can we get it fixed by the weekend?
philbean
Dabbler

I'm on the point of requesting a PAC but have that exact same worry.

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

I can't guarantee it of course, but I believe that provided you move outside the EE network and its MVNO's the new provider should completely refresh your sim <-> profile

- and should be able to quickly do it anyway - O2 'foreign support online chat did it for me in minutes when PN apparently failed to properly action their part of my port out on my 20 year old number. (and failed to properly close the account etc etc )

Although it took a few hours for some EE providers calls to come through properly one by one - others worked almost instantly.

Was somewhat expecting the port out problems as PN messed it up for weeks on port in and was entirely unreliable throughout the 'service - many of which problems I was unaware of until after leaving.

Notable that I had no such issues with the separate PAYG ASDA EE sim I ended up regularly using to ensure a connection while paying PN  Roll_eyes

I know that EE, and EE's asda and VM people can call me on that number which is now on 02.

Don't know about plusnet service numbers and don't really care.

BUT These sort of issues DO happen on all networks

- its just PN seems to get it as much as everyone else put together and then struggle to resolve them probably, possibly hindered by their EE SLA and PN's all too common total lack of ownership of their issues

... as you've just seen and I've seen constantly aka try something you've already said you've tried and 'contact us again if we can be of any further (sic) service

It would seem EE just don't trust PN with the button to press to sort these issues that other SP's support seem to have  ... Shocked

PN/EE also seem to give the distinct impression they are doing absolutely nothing to resolve the core problem or those affected pro actively which we see here constantly.

Oh - Prepare yourself for PN telling you you cant port out ...... Knuppel

I suggest anyone porting in or out set up the receiving service sim and check its working before actioning the port.

..... extra Especially on PN.

Yes, it does somewhat defeat one of the main intents of the PAC of not paying for two services - but a weeks overlap for some extra peace of mind is a small price.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @Sallyiom I'm afraid I can't see any PMs you've sent us with that information. Can you advise which staff member you've PM'd so I can investigate further please.

Hi @philbean I'm sorry to see you're still experiencing issues and thanks for the information. I've passed this onto our mobile operations team to investigate further and we'll update you as soon as we know more.

Thanks.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Sallyiom
Dabbler

Aargh!!! What do you mean that you can’t find any PMs?! Don’t you realise how unprofessional this makes PN seem?! Joe has replied to my recent one. Do you have records of all my phone calls to 500 number? Of the conversation with Supervisor Michael last Thursday?
Sallyiom
Dabbler

@Gandalf I’ve also had replies to PMs from Ollie, Sammy and Lauren. Hopefully that helps you track it all down....