cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number ported but no SIM arrived

sazzak23

Number ported but no SIM arrived

Hi guys, I ordered my SIM last week, my number was ported on Friday but I still haven't received my Sim card. I now have no phone, and can't find a way to email Plusnet to ask them to send me another SIM! Any idea what I can do? It's rather annoying not having a mobile phone!
5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Number ported but no SIM arrived

Hi @sazzak23 

I'm sorry first of all for the long delay and your sim hadn't arrived by the time your number was ported across to us. I hope you've had this sorted by now but if you haven't, drop me a private message with the following details and we’ll be happy to take a look. This information will pass our data protection checks.

+Your mobile number

+Your full name

+Your full address

+Are you the account holder?

+Your date of birth

+Last 2 digits of your bank account number

+Last 2 digits of your bank sort code

When private messaging me, please include a link to this thread as our staff private messages go through a centralised system internally so I might not actually personally message you back. Although just a few of us monitor our Community Forums so there’s a good chance I’ll pick it up.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Alvinsetianto

I also have a similar problem. Received an email on Tuesday 28/09 that my SIM card is on the way and on Thursday my number has been ported. However, I have not received my new SIM card yet and my mobile is now only working through wifi and not able to call Plusnet mobile. How do I get my new SIM card?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@Alvinsetianto 

Really sorry for the delay and your sim hasn't arrived yet.

Feel free to PM me the above information and we'll be happy to take a look.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JPW

I've just joined PlusNet from Vodafone on the 15th December and followed there procedure by providing them with  my PAC code from Vodafone , its now the  Friday 17th December and they have cut off my Vodafone within 1.5 days   yet i i haven't received my sim card  from PlusNet  so they have left  me with no phone , on phoning them today they say it may take until Monday so instead of a seamless changeover approx. 1 hour I will now be without a phone for a minimum of  3 days what a ridiculous system , I've asked for them to send it by DPD courier and I will pay , but they will not 

They should wait until you receive the new sim card and then when you place it in your phone i would activate and switch I cannot now access my online banking , emails ,messages etc what a poor system , not a good start with a new provider I was thinking of changing over my internet provider but not now

tom8

I have had the problem of the sim card not arriving twice now.  When i joined plusnet and again when i had to order a replacement sim.  I ordered a replacement sim on 28th march. Still not arrived on 4th April.  I think some honesty is required instead of blaming the post man