cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number ported but SIM not received I CAN'T MAKE ANY CALLS

Thanks4nothing

Number ported but SIM not received I CAN'T MAKE ANY CALLS

Hi - I signed up with Plusnet last Thursday, that was my first mistake.

Plusnet said that I'd get a SIM card within 2 days, it's been 8 days now and I have not received this.

On Tuesday, Plusnet sent me a very excited email with that [-Censored-] off the adverts saying my number has been ported now that my SIM is active. Urr sorry mate, my SIM is not active, how can I activate something I haven't received? Why have you ported my number when I haven't put the SIM into a phone yet?

I can now not use my phone. I have spent all morning trying to find a way to contact Plusnet without calling them; I live alone and have no landline. I can't even think where the nearest pay phone is to put 20p in to call this backwards bloody company. 

Can someone send me a new sim please? And refund this months bill because this has caused me so much hassle; I am waiting for a really important call and have to travel a lot; I can't be without a phone!

Tags (5)
5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Number ported but SIM not received I CAN'T MAKE ANY CALLS

SIMs automatically activate 2 days after they are dispatched.

Mobile support is a Freephone number 

Your SIM should be with you in about two days. If it's been longer than that, give us a call on 0800 079 1133 (press option 1, then option 2).

You could also try twitter

Or send us a message on Twitter @Plusnet and we'll do our best to help get you sorted.

OR you could wait for a staff member to respond on here

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Thanks4nothing

As per my post, I can't make any calls, free or not. I don't have or want a twitter account. I've posted on here and I've messaged them on Facebook to no reply. I'll just get my PAC code and find someone else and write the first month off as the cost of trusting a business with such [-Censored-]e adverts.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Make sure you don't submit your PAC code before you get a SIM - that was your biggest mistake.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

As usual, blame the customer and offer no suggestions for a solution!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting in touch @Thanks4nothing and apologies for the delayed response.

I'm sorry to see you haven't received your sim yet. I can see we messaged you back on Friday at 4:50pm. 

Can you get back to us there with the details Matt's asked so we can look into this for you?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet