cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number ported but Plusnet account not updated

lybrand
Hooked

Number ported but Plusnet account not updated

Don't know if anyone's come across this before. I ported from Vodafone last week. My Plusnet sim arrived on the day the switch was due. I kept using my vodafone sim until it lost signal. Then I switched to the Plusnet sim which used its own number for a while before switching to my old ported number.

All seemed fine.

However, I never received a confirmation from Plusnet that the port was complete and the plusnet app and my phone operating system both show the number of the sim I was sent, not my ported number. It also shows no activity on my account since the port, presumably because it's tracking a number which is no longer in use. I phoned in on Friday and was told the port had not gone through (odd as I'm happily using my ported number!) and it would be sorted asap.

It's not a big problem at the moment but it does look as though the number port has gone through but somehow the account details haven't changed and Plusnet still think I'm on a number which is actually dead. I'm worried this could be a problem down the line...

10 REPLIES 10
Newby2
Hooked

Re: Number ported but Plusnet account not updated

I have exactly the same problem, hope you don't mind me tagging along?.
Ivr been onto CS a few times but all I get is "we don't know why there's a delay!"
I've tried asking to speak to someone else but they won't put me thro, just says they won't know either.
My old number became active on 2nd Dec but no usage on app or account! Thanks
binky987
Hooked

Mine was similar, the app took a few days before it showed my ported number

Newby2
Hooked

Mines been longer than a few days. Allowing for Covid, it's going on a bit too long.
lybrand
Hooked

I spoke to CS again on Monday. They think it might be because they were deluged with new accounts after black Friday and haven't caught up. I'm giving it to the end of the week but I'm not sure I'll stay beyond the 14 day cooling off period if they can't manage to link my number to my account by then.
lybrand
Hooked

Just had an email saying my port will happen today - a bit weird as I've been using the ported number for almost a week! But presume this means the account will match up today...fingers crossed...
Newby2
Hooked

Me too! That's a coincidence 😅.
That reason you got from CS was much more plausible than just "idk"
Hopefully we'll be sorted today 🤞
binky987
Hooked

Yeah, my partner, whose number port did not go through correctly, received the same email:

Brilliant news, your mobile number port will be complete today.

While this is happening you might have a short period of disruption to your service - we suggest turning your phone off and on again every so often to make sure the changes take effect.

To check that the number has transferred, simply make a test call from the phone and check that the right number is displayed on the receiving phone.

If you need us, give us a call for free on 500 from your Plusnet mobile or 0800 079 1133 from any other phone.

Thanks,
The Plusnet Mobile Team

Newby2
Hooked

Yey! 👏👏 Did it happen for you all too? 😄
Newby2
Hooked

Did yours change?
lybrand
Hooked