cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number ported a week ago, still no SIM. No Service for days. Should I go back to old provider?

FIXED
holfling

Number ported a week ago, still no SIM. No Service for days. Should I go back to old provider?

Hi,

Sun 9 May: I ordered Plusnet mobile.

Wed 12 May: My old number was ported and I lost service from my old provider.

Sat 15 May: Still waiting for a SIM to arrive.

I have no landline phone so I cannot call customer services.

I've had a number of postal deliveries since, so I know it's not sitting in my local Postal Depot.

Please can you help? I'm starting to regret changing providers now, even for the marginally cheaper deal.

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Number ported a week ago, still no SIM. No Service for days. Should I go back to old provider?

Thanks for your post @holfling

I'm sorry to see your sim hasn't arrived yet. Can you drop me a PM with the following details so I can take a closer look?

+Your mobile number

+Your full name

+Your full address

+Are you the account holder?

+Your date of birth

+Last 2 digits of your bank account number

+Last 2 digits of your bank sort code

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
holfling

Re: Number ported a week ago, still no SIM. No Service for days. Should I go back to old provider?

Thank you very much for quick response. 😊

I'll PM you as suggested.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, I'll look out for it Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
holfling

Looks like there was an issue with the address on record. A new SIM is being sent out to me. Impressed with efforts to resolve this.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Cheers for the post back @holfling 

No problem at all, fingers crossed this sim turns up! Let me know if there are any issues though.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
holfling

New SIM arrived. Had to borrow a phone to call to get it activated (as it was effectively a replacement) but now all working well.

Thanks for help sorting this.