cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number port (was appalling customer service)

5c1eb9d2

Number port (was appalling customer service)

Hi Harry,

You may be my only hope.

Trying to port my mobile number to PN has taken OVER A WEEK.

Multiple calls to customer service but keep getting fobbed off:

"should be complete by the morning"

"should be complete by this afternoon"

"turn phone off and on again"

"Check the APN settings"

"take the SIM card out and put back in"

I can make calls but can not receive calls or texts. Looks like a split-port.

But not one of your representatives will take action to get it fixed.

I'm not a 'complainer' but this is driving me mad.

Help.

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) split message into its own thread and changed topic title for better visibility]

2 REPLIES 2
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Number port (was appalling customer service)

Welcome to the community forums @5c1eb9d2, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues porting your number over to your new SIM.

I'm sorry to say I won't be able to help with this matter, however hopefully @Anonymous or @RebekaPreston can take a look and help get this matter resolved for you.

Thanks for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Number port (was appalling customer service)

Hi 5c1eb9d2,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry you've not had clarification with regards to your port-in, it's certainly not a service we aim to provide and we'd like to do all we can to help resolve the matter as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately there are a number of reasons why ports get stuck or fail to complete, including the network the customer is leaving and according to your post, this appears to be the case. If you have been advised of a split port, then this is usually raised with our Operations Team who can investigate this further. 

Can you send me a private message and I'll check to see if the relevant team have already been made aware and if not, I'll be sure to get this raised as a priority. 

Thanks,

- Rebeka