cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number not ported

FIXED
rawdonlad

Number not ported

I signed up to Plusnet mobile on the 24th November and asked for my old number to be ported and gave the PAC code, I received an email on 25th to say it would be ported on the 26th. On the 26th my old number stopped working but has not been ported over yet. I rang on 27th and was told it would be reported. I again rang on the 28th and was told it would be reported again. So without my number for 4 days, I cannot be contacted nor make payments that require an authorisation code etc. I am an elderly disabled person mostly housebound who has carers. There is no data signal now in my house it registers as 2g only just a one bar phone signal. I have to stand at the open door to connect. I had no problem with the 02 signal which was 4g. Very disappointed so far. My wife also joined Plusnet at the same day and her number has now disconnected but not ported over either. Great start so far!     

6 REPLIES 6
rawdonlad

Re: Number not ported

Another two days and the number not ported across, all customer services say is they will report it! My wife's number was ported over ok on Monday though. Will give it another week then just move to another carrier and get a permanent number. What a waste of time. We were also going to take out Plusnet Broadband, glad we didn't. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting in touch @rawdonlad and apologies for the delayed response.

I'm really sorry to see your mobile number port has been delayed and for the inconvenience caused.

I'd bear in mind that we track delayed ports on a daily basis and chase them up with the relevant teams to make sure they're completed as soon as we can, though we are reliant on all the providers you may have been with to provide us with the relevant information for us to complete the port through our side. 

Having said that, could you private message me the following details to pass our data protection checks, so we can make sure we're doing all we can to resolve this as soon as possible? 

+Your mobile number

+Your full name

+Your full address

+Are you the account holder?

+Your date of birth

+Last 2 digits of your bank account number

+Last 2 digits of your bank sort code

When private messaging me, please include a link to this thread as our staff private messages go through a centralised system internally so I might not actually personally message you back. Although just a few of us monitor our Community Forums so there’s a good chance I’ll pick it up.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rawdonlad

Gandalph

Thank you for your offer of help, as requested I have sent you a private message. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Thanks for getting back to me @rawdonlad 

I've just messaged you back now and I'll personally follow things up with you tomorrow.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rawdonlad

The port was finally completed yesterday evening, thank you to all who helped. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @rawdonlad 

Awesome, no problem at all and I'm really sorry for the delay there.

Let us know if you have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet