cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Unobtainable

RJM
Rising Star

Number Unobtainable

When my phone is turned-off instead, of getting a message to the caller that number is not available or similar at that time people just get cut-off as though the number is no longer in service.

My phone is on most of the time but, there are occasions it has to be turned-off.

Any reason why?

4 REPLIES 4
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Number Unobtainable

Hi RJM,

If you voicemail service is switched on, then it should automatically go straight to your voicemail when your handset is off. 

If you could send me a private message, I can look into this further for you.

- Rebeka Smiley

RJM
Rising Star

Unfortunately, Plusnet Mobile could not resolve this so I have signed-up elsewhere of which is a great shame.

Bill_M

Rebeka - did you get anywhere with this problem...?  Should the system not say "subscriber currently unobtainable" or something like that, rather than just appear to be an incorrect number...? 

Bill 🤔

@RebekaPreston wrote:

Hi @RJM,

If you voicemail service is switched on, then it should automatically go straight to your voicemail when your handset is off. 

If you could send me a private message, I can look into this further for you.

- Rebeka Smiley

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi Bill_M,

If your Voicemail service is switched on, when the handset is off, it will automatically divert to your Voicemail service. If you have your Voicemail service switched off along with your handset, then there will be a beep before the call will end. 

I understand that this can appear as if an incorrect number has been dialled, so I will feed this suggestion back to the relevant team.

- Rebeka Smiley