cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Porting

Andrew1
Hooked

Number Porting

And the saga continues. It is now 13 days since my PAC Code was given over and still no number. I have been in contact with my previous supplier and they assure me my PAC Code has been used and my original number is not with them. I think its about time your technical department came clean and revealed the truth. Please don't tell me that you do not know what's going on. I will be making preliminary enquiries with the ombudsman, and lets see if they have any better luck than me. I'm sorry but its now gone beyond a joke. And please don't tell me to be patient!!!! I am all out of patience! 

1 REPLY 1
MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Re: Number Porting

I'm very sorry to hear your port is delayed, Andrew1. I can completely appreciate your frustration, and this certainly isn't an ideal start to your time with us.

Porting in this country is a manual process, and requires correspondence between different departments and networks. The most common problem that comes up is when the porting files provided by your previous provider run into some issues – either they are incomplete, or corrupt, or brought in incorrectly. It's hard to narrow down the root cause of the issue, so we don't offer specific explanations as to why a port has been delayed in order to concentrate all resources on getting your number brought in as quickly as possible, and to avoid setting false expectations.

Rest assured, this will have been flagged up to our team for investigation already, and they’ll be working flat-out to get your port fully completed as quickly as possible. If you'd like me to act as a singular point of contact and provide you with updates, I'd be more than happy to do so - please Private Message me with some account information to go ahead with this.