Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Porting

FIXED
scotjer
Fixes: 1

Number Porting

Hi all,

I submitted my porting request on Tuesday evening. Today around lunchtime my old number (the one I want to port) was deactivated. So far it has not been activated on my plus.net sim card (tried rebooting etc).

Could somebody from the support team have a look please?

Thanks in advance

J

9 REPLIES 9
scotjer
Fixes: 1

Re: Number Porting

Fix

This was sorted this morning. Patience goes a long way Wink

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi scotjer!

It's great to hear your port-in has now completed!

If you ever need anything at all, don't hesitate to get in touch with us and we'll always do our best to help. 

- Rebeka Smiley

jeffdct

Moved to Plusnet with 2 mobile numbers. My wife’s came across from Vodafone in about 24 hours. Now 7 days later and I am still waiting. Spoken to operators several times and they can do nothing! Asked to speak to senior supervisor and promised they would phone back. Nothing. Disgraceful service and not what I expected from Plusnet who compliment themselves on good customer service. Help! Losing so many calls and important texts. Impossible to let everyone know of new temporary number. 

Peter14

Having experienced the appalling service offered by Virgin Mobile I looked around for the best SIM only deals and decided on Plusnet. I got the PAC code from Virgin and activated the plusnet SIM when it arrived. I requested a PORT and after 2 days asked when it would be completed. The service desk told me to wait until after midnight on the following day. So I tried again the next morning. Still not ported! I chatted online to a service person who told me to wait a bit longer and had I still got my Virgin SIM????Huh

You can put all the cheeky northern chappies you like on telly but the underlying service seems to be anything but what he tells you it is. 

I'm off to GiffGaff as soon as I can

OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 7

Hi @Peter14! Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear that your number port is taking longer than you expected it to.

A number is expected to change within 1-2 working days of the request being accepted. 

Any weekend days aren't included in this which can make it feel like it takes a little longer than this.

If you send me a private message with your mobile number, I'll be able to investigate this for you!

Thank you

-Oli

bob3

I'm having similar issues.

Port request submitted Sunday - understand nothing happens over the weekend. Received a text saying my port request was confirmed. Nothing happened on Monday, or Tuesday. I spoke to my 'old' mobile provider (vodafone) who say they received the port request on Monday but it is for Plusnet to take the necessary actions to fulfil the request. I have spoken to Plusnet customer services and they say there could be 'multilpe problems' and they cannot say what the issue is. My number still reports as being with vodafone when I look it up, so I am no further on.  Plusnet seem incapable of being able to identify what the issue is, so I asked to speak to a manager to complain/escalate this - told I would get a call back within 2 hours, but no surprise this hasn't happened.

Please can Plusnet port my number!

OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 7

Hi @bob3!

I'm really sorry to hear that your port also seems to be delayed.

We usually expect a port to complete within 1-2 working days, so any port submitted over the weekend would usually complete by midnight on the following Tuesday.

Porting is currently a manual process which requires communication between different departments and networks.
The most common problem that comes up is when the porting files provided by your previous provider run into some issues – either they are incomplete, or corrupt, or brought in incorrectly.

It's hard to narrow down the root cause of the issue, so we don't offer specific explanations as to why a port has been delayed in order to concentrate all resources on getting your number brought in as quickly as possible, and to avoid setting false expectations.

Rest assured, your port request will have been correctly submitted and our Operations Team will be working their hardest to ensure that this completes for you correctly as soon as possible.

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused by this, and would be happy to be a point of contact for you, so I can provide you with any updates.

You're more than welcome to send me a private message too!

Thank you

-Oli

stevedean99

I wish I had read these porting issues before I decided to move to plusnet. Ported several times in the past and it is normally a matter of hours.  Placed request to port 10.30am 3rd April - still waiting at 3pm  3 days later. To make matters worse my existing number has now been off air for nearly 24 hours - terrible service!!

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Sorry to hear your port's hit a snag, stevedean99.

If you'd like me to keep an eye on the account for you and provide updates when we get them, I'd be more than happy to do so: please click my name and then 'Send Message'.