cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Porting not happened!

Dandelion22
Hooked

Number Porting not happened!

Sent my PAC code over to Plusnet on Wednesday morning at 8.00am, received their confirmation, I am still waiting, my O2 contract finished at midnight last night.  Today is Friday, I have been without my phone number all day, fed up now, also no signal with the new number, I am beginning to think this was a very silly mistake of mine!

15 REPLIES 15
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Number Porting not happened!

Hi @Dandelion22,

I'm sorry that your number port hasn't completed yet and for any inconvenience that this is causing you. Please can you send me a private message with the mobile number that you're porting to us, your full address including the postcode and your full name. If you comment on this post once you've done this, we'll ensure that this is picked back up and this issue investigated.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Georgie
Dabbler

I am also still waiting, my O2 sim stopped working at 11.30 this morning but since then nothing has happened!

I have ported several times before and it has never taken this long. I have spoken to Plusnet twice and they assure me it will happen by midnight but I am not convinced it’s going to happen.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Georgie,

I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing problems with your number port. If this does not complete by midnight tonight, please send me the same details via PM and then comment on this post so that we can pick this up and investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Georgie
Dabbler

Thanks Emily I have sent you a PM with my details as my number has still not ported and it’s after midnight now

Dandelion22
Hooked

Hi EmilyD,

I sent you all my details yesterday and here I am still waiting for my number.  Can you help please?

Georgie
Dabbler

Hi Emily

i have spoken to Plusnet this morning, their records show that my number ported successfully!! It did not.

My case has to be passed to the Operations team to be investigated but of course they don’t work on Saturdays or Sundays so another 2 days without my number.

i also have to prove that my number hasn’t ported by making 3 calls tomorrow that are 2 hours apart from different postcodes. I thought this was a joke but no, if I don’t PROVE my number didn’t port the Operations team won’t investigate.

I cannot believe that I have to prove this. I am beyond unhappy and I STILL don’t have my number. 

Can you help???

Dandelion22
Hooked

Is Emily there today???  I wish I had read this forum before I joined Plusnet!  Has everyone read their Facebook page today?  This is unbelievable.  I am out in the sticks, with no network signal at all, I can't even ring them or tell anybody that I am temporarily on a different number.

Georgie
Dabbler

Yes I wish I had read this forum too...... number not ported within 24 hours .......now I have to wait until Monday and then Plusnet told me it could be another 5 working days!! I can’t leave either until Plusnet ports my number .... this is a nightmare! 

Dandelion22
Hooked

I have telephoned them and asked for my PAC code to leave already, they told me the number was ported yesterday!!!  Offered me a new sim, more data, etc., etc., so back to O2 I go....lesson learned!  Waiting for Monday now, to get my number back, let's see how long Plusnet take to release it!

Georgie
Dabbler

That’s good that you can leave already Dandelion.... I don’t have that option until they sort out where my number has gone 🙁

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@Georgie, I believe we've been discussing your port on another thread. It's likely this is on the delayed port sheet which we'd proactively be monitoring and tracking but I've emailed our operations team to clarify this.

@Dandelion22, sorry to see you've decided to leave us. All the best with your new provider.

I'd just like to note while there are complaints over our Facebook page and here, I'd say that people would generally only go to leave a review or complain when they've had a poor experience. It's not very often you'd leave positive feedback.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Georgie
Dabbler

Fair point about the complaints on Facebook Gandalf, and to be fair you have at least given me some information about what might be happening 🙂

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem, hopefully the port is sorted soon.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Georgie
Dabbler

I have now received a standard acknowledgment from Plusnet that my number porting hasn't been completed.