Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Port

FIXED
sullys666
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Number Port

Received my sim card just now, and a text earlier to say it will port so I keep my old number tomorrow.

Seems a stupid question, but when do I put my new sim in?  Need my phone today as my dad has just been rushed to A & E with a suspected heart attack ☹️

9 REPLIES 9
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Number Port

When your old SIM stops working swap it for the new one.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @sullys666,

Apologies for the delayed reply and I'm sorry to hear about your situation. As @dvorak has suggested, everything should work fine if you swap the SIM card when the old one has stopped working. If you've encountered any issues then please let us know and we'll be happy to assist further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
sullys666
Rising Star

I will keep the sim card and removal tool with me all day I think.  Still not ported yet.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Sorry to hear of your news @sullys666

I wish your dad and your family all the best. It had happened to me, and you have my empathy not my sympathy. I know what the difference is between the two. These things always happen at the worst times.

I assume you're using an iPhone as you mention a SIM removal tool? If you get stuck, a good old trick, is a bent paperclip also works (tried that myself). Havent tried bending a staple but that might work too.

sullys666
Rising Star

Thanks Alex.  It is what it is, we just have to get on and deal with it.  Still waiting for the port to happen.  Last couple of Samsung have come with a glorified paper clip thing that opens the drawer.

sullys666
Rising Star

Less than 5 hours to go.  iD sim still working!  Don't let me down on the first day Plusnet. My wife won't want to swap if it's problematic!

Don't want to take out the SIM with the number I am keeping as it is what is on my fathers contact details at the hospital, and it's a faff getting it changed or even speaking to someone on the ward.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Should be pretty painless, hopefully it'll just be a case of waiting for the old SIM to stop working and once it does then swap it with the new one which should then work.

I've only ever ported a number once (mine) and that is all I had to do.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us @sullys666

Has the number ported over?

If not drop me a PM with the details 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
sullys666
Rising Star

Fix

Finally happened about 8.30pm.  All seems to be okay. Thank you.