cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Port not working

DistanH

Number Port not working

I followed the port process on Saturday 24th June, a week later and the process still has not completed. Whenever I contact customer services they say that it is simply a waiting game and cannot provide any time frame. They also cannot provide any details on what is being done to resolve the situation as this is handled by a seperate operations team who do not provide updates.  It appears I am unable to leave plusnet in the short term for another network if I want to retain the number as I need the port to complete. 

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Number Port not working

Hi DistanH!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I'm really sorry to hear about the delay with your port-in, unfortunately, there are rare occasions when a port may exceed it's usual timescale. If this happens, it is automatically raised with our Operations Team who work hard to get this resolved as soon as possible. 

I completely understand your frustration with this and would appreciate an estimated wait time as to when this will be resolved however, I'm afraid we're unable to provide that information as we wouldn't want to give false expectations as to when the port will fully complete.

I know this process can be quite tedious DistanH, rest assured, this is to ensure that a full through investigation has been performed and the fix implemented is precise so that the error will not re-occur. 

It's understandable that you wish to leave during this time however, as a port is currently processing on the account, a PAC cannot be produced and if so, the number will be lost as it's currently during the transfer stage. 

We certainly don't want to lose you as a customer and we'd like to do all we can to help. When your port is due to complete, you'll receive a text message to notify you of this, when this happens, be sure to contact us and we'll look into possible compensation for loss of service during this time. 

Once again, I sincerely apologise for this delay and if you have any further questions, don't hesitate to get in touch and we'll do our best to help. 

- Rebeka 

Ledgerca
Hooked

Re: Number Port not working

Hi Distan,

I too am having the same issues.................nearly two weeks since I requested the number to be ported over and continually getting fobbed off by PlusNet Customer Services whilst waiting to get some information

If interested, my story can be seen on the following thread:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/PlusNet-Mobile-Number-Porting-Terrible-Service-and-poor-custome...

I have reported this issue to BBC Watchdog as it seems PlusNet have a major issue on their hands and will not acknowledge the fact.  Hopefully enough people  will complain to Watchdog so they will pick it up and advise others not to touch PlusNet until they get their act together