cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Port and Pending account problems.

akbsms
Dabbler

Number Port and Pending account problems.

Hi,

Could someone please help me.

My mobile number was due to port in on 26/02/19. Nothing happend on the day, after that it was lots of phone calls to customer services, apart from one agent who was very helpful, i just kept getting fobbed off by the others.

The helpful agent checked the port delay list and told me my number is on there and will be ported soon.

I got a txt on 27/02/19 which said that my port will complete soon, again nothing happend. I tried the sim in a different phone, did soft/hard reset, put aeroplane mode, took sim out etc, but still no luck.

I was sent a replacement sim and was told that i might have a split port. I put the new sim in on 2/3/19 and rang to activate it. I was told it would to active in 20mins, max 2 hours. Nothing changed after 3 hours, When i phoned again, to my horror i was told that my account is in pending mode now and nothing can be done. Lots and lots of calls to customer services but no help whatsoever. Im so angry and frustrated with the service recieved. Im shocked that there is no communication between the customer support and operations team to sort our problems out. Today is the 8th day for me without service and i really need someone’s help to sort this mess out. Please dont give me the standard lines like the agents on the phone, i need someone to really look into this and get to the bottom of it. Thankyou in advance for any help.

15 REPLIES 15
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: Number Port and Pending account problems.

Hi @akbsms, thanks for getting in touch.

I am really sorry for the  issues you have had with the porting of your number. We'd be happy to look into this for you, could you please private message:

-your full name
-your full address including postcode
-your mobile number

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
akbsms
Dabbler

Hi,

Thankyou for the reply.

i have just sent you a Private Message with my details.

Kind regards.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @akbsms

Can you please confirm the 3rd and 4th characters of your security answer via PM ?

Kind Regards

akbsms
Dabbler

Hi OllieC,

Just sent you the requested info.

Thanks,

Regards.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Thank you for providing those details @akbsms

I have checked over your account and can see that you had communication with Lewis who explained he would be back in touch once he has an update for you.

Unfortunately at this time we don't have any further information and we're sorry for any inconvenience caused. Please allow up to the 12th March for an update before contacting ourselves regarding the same issue. The reason we request this is that it takes 3-5 working days for a response from our Operations team and only 24 hours has passed.

We're really sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@akbsms 

Get your pac code and port out mate - and demand a full refund.

You will almost certainly be up and running on ANY other service before these muppets do anything.

And you can be sure they WONT be getting back to you as I'm sure you've already experienced.

You literally seem to have nothing to lose

Especially with that 'the cheques in the post, dont call us we'll call you' response you just got.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
akbsms
Dabbler

Thanks for nothing OllieC, i joined the forum as i thought there might be someone here with a solution to my problems. You have wasted mine and your time by giving me the same answer as the telephone support. Out of everyone at Plusnets Customer Service, only one individual has tried to go out of his way and help, yes i spoke to him and its been only 48 hours. Dont forget i have had no service on my number for 9 days now. Its so easy for you to ask me not to contact you guys about the same issue until the 12th. I would love to see you and your fellow agents faces if your had no service on your phones for 15 days, thats how many days it will be for me by the 12th. There is no guarantee it will be done by then anyway as no one at Plusnet has the means to get in touch with the Operations team whatsoever. I dont think they even exist, its just to fob customers off when they have a problem. 

akbsms
Dabbler

You are 100% right RobC. I left the muppets at Virgin Mobile to move to Plusnet. Their customer service was shocking, at least they had a Tech Support team when needed. I only needed them once and managed to speak to them and get my problems resolved. I thought the Uk based customer service at Plusnet would be amazing, apart from one agent, everyone has politely fobbed me off. I cant even get a PAC code as my account in in Pending. I have to wait until the Operations guy who is in a shed somewhere in the Uk to sort my account out first. I bet my number will still not be fully ported as well once my account is live again. 

RobC
Pro

@akbsms 

It would seem that the tech staff are in France and they send someone with a note to walk there.

All the UK call centre seem to be is mostly polite phone fob off jockeys.

They will deny this, but I have seen absolutely no evidence to the contrary.

O2's call centre and online support and even VM mobile operators make these look like kiddies.

Even 3 leave these in the dust.

You wont be missing much - The service is unreliable with regular albeit unreported and undocumented (except any that are on the EE site status page) outages.

I have repeatedly sat waiting for a call to pick up family members and they just can't get through.

Took to carrying a second ASDA sim phone - which they would call me on. How crazy is that.

Left a short while ago and its bliss to carry one phone and be confident it will work.

akbsms
Dabbler

Yes, you are right mate. I can see future problems with Plusnet. Unfortunately im finding out the hard way.

Its so shocking the way customers with problems are being treated. 

I will definitely be moving soon, i have 3 sims with them. 

I have also connected 7 of my family members to Plusnet. I will make sure they all leave as well. I dont want them to have problems like i have so far.

if you dont mind me asking, who did you move to in the end.

kind regards.

RobC
Pro

@akbsms wrote:

if you dont mind me asking, who did you move to in the end.

kind regards.

I moved back to O2, but that was because

The originating network for my number

Potential porting out issues like the porting in ones

Great tech support - probably the best in my experience

O2 signal is best one where I am and where i mostly go, although ASDA sim (reporting T-mob) is fine

O2 isnt a cheap one, but I wanted the quality tech support available to clean up after PN

Cheap data calls and txts is good - but if your basic phone functionality just lets you down and people OFTEN simply cant call you when they need you - then its actually worth nowt.

Friend is on giffgaff and happy

My ASDA sim (also EE) worked when the PN (EE) one didn't and seems to get a more reliable signal than PN where I am.

My other half uses VM mobile (EE) and has only had 2 very short outages in the last year - negligible I've had loads of issues with PN - but her price has gone up and up and they dont value existing customers as you no doubt know.

I'm going to give a cheap ID (3) monthly contract a try for a while on second phone while leaving my main number, which I've had  just a few months short of 20 years, on o2 - while I'm used to carrying 2 phones LOL.

Cheaper than PN and I doubt the service could be worse despite 3 being horrendous when I used them many years ago. Couple of friends use them and they say OK now. (500, unl, 5004g for 3.99)

So seems PN have deteriorated dramatically since BT - as 3 have improved some. We'll see.

akbsms
Dabbler

Thanks for the info mate.

I have had more sense out of you than the Customer Service agents on here, lol.

Just wish i researched and spotted the problems before joining PN.

I have no choice but to wait until my account becomes active, hopefully i can leave then.

Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

Cancel your direct debit. You can be assured you will get a callback . Worked wonders for me. Often fobbed off with usual excuses. Cancelled direct debit and the very next day I received a call back to reinstate the direct debit. Told them no chance untill service sorted out. Lo and behold a few hours later my mobile was working
akbsms
Dabbler

Thankyou Shep41,

I think i will have to go down this route mate as im getting desperate.

Its such a shame that other forum members are trying to advise and help, which I appreciate.

looks like no one from the Customer Service team can be bothered with the customers.

Very disappointing Plusnet.