cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Port - When are you going to do it!?!?!?

Sambader

Re: Number Port - When are you going to do it!?!?!?

I'm going to take it to the ombudsman but have to go through the complaints process first

Digitalspirit
Dabbler

The irony is they sent me a text to say porting will be completed soon... to my PORTED NUMBER! lol.

jon-98
Hooked

Well I'm still in the porting abyss. Nothing of real use from Plusnet yet. I have managed to raise a complaint, and it's another 2 days for the complaints department to investigate. I have no idea why, seems obvious what the issue is to me. Not really got any further with customer support. 

Amusingly / Irritatingly / Luckily (depending on your point of view) one of my kids request a port on Monday Evening and it took about two hours for them to do it (start to finish) on Wednesday. That is what I'd have expected to happen to me. 

caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@Digitalspirit

We had exactly the same problem when we changed from TPO to Life Mobile.

Our numbers worked & our phones showed Life Mobile but TPO had no record of the transfer & continued to bill us.

The number transfer took several days because both TPO & Life Mobile use EE & we were told that it's an internal transfer within EE & not the same process as a porting from say O2 to EE.

It took a couple of months before TPO finally stopped billing us & did a refund.

Digitalspirit
Dabbler

@caravanj - EE have already closed my account and issued a final bill, so I don't think I will have any issue in that regard. I will just cancel my DD with EE after they collect that, it was only a rolling 30 day contract anyway. I'm hoping the port confirmation doesn't drag on that long though, everything is a contradiction, telling me by text to the actual number I am porting that it's almost complete, don't they realise they're contacting the actual number they're informing me about!? Madness.

caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@Digitalspirit

Computer says "no". Lol Cheesy

philioso
Dabbler

Sad thing is they are still saying two working days, and the forums suggest the problem is spiralling out of control - so they obviously don't have a clue what the problem is - or worse, they just don't care enough to sort it out!

Christmas is approaching... anyone brave enough to port a number of Christmas?! (bank holidays don't count as porting days either)

Number porting is simple stuff, and you'd think that at a company that is part of the BT group and includes EE within that group would be quite good at this telephone thing.

If anyone is reading this before signing up - run away! My second option was a little more expensive than the deal I got here, but having been through this I would much rather have spent the money, had no hassle and the peace of mind going forwards.

Goodluck to you all!

Digitalspirit
Dabbler

Unfortunately it's quite well know that BT's customer service is appalling. I have to deal with them through work and they're just not interested unless they want to sell you a product. I was basing my move to Plusnet's mobile service on being a long serving fibre customer and it's always been decent on that side of things. It just goes to show, once a business becomes this fragmented in it's services they begin to suffer.

pablomalin
Hooked

OK Guys, good news here. I received a text message ' Hello your number will be complete soon...' I restarted my phone and my old number appeared. 

Hope you will get hold on yours soon, I had to complain on their online chat, fb and 500 helpline, thanks everyone. Now I will decide whether to stay a bit longer for the dust to settle or ask for a pac code straight away. Hopefully it will be allright from now on cheers

jon-98
Hooked

So, this morning my phone number fired into life. Guess we'll see how we go from now on.

My advice to anyone still stuck is to raise a formal complaint. Even if you don't particularly want to directly complain, they seem to have a lot more information than the Customer Service team are providing, including information about what the technical team are up-to. I've transfered from the O2 (GiffGaff) network.

One more sim to transfer now. Hopefully this won't be as big a killer as that was.

Good luck to eveyone else.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jon-98

I'm glad to hear your port in has completed, and your new SIM is all up and running. 

I can advise that the Complaints Team have the same information about the delayed ports as our Customer Service Team; that the delayed ports are being raised as high priority to our network team to have the matter resolved as quickly as possible. 

I do hope you next transfer to us is seamless, and you have no issues. 

anton
Hooked

@Anonymous - I've just been through all of the above. Over a day and a half with my number out of service, no one can contact me. Then I make the phone calls, get all those wait 48 hours for a manager and even lodged my complaint on Trustpilot. Suddenly the port completed, but guess what, no texts came through for a day before I found people were trying to text me. So what did your customer services say? Our systems are down, phone again before 10pm. (Presumably to then tell me to wait 48 hours for a call back.)

So the port didn't finish. I can't receive texts. I phoned back and cancelled, asked for a PAC to be ported out, I was within the first 14 days. But can I ask you a question? If I cancel my cancel, can you get my number with minutes data AND texts? Is that too much to ask for?

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Duplicate posts removed

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @anton

I would need to see in what way you cancelled before I could advise on if we'd be able to get your account up and running again. If you just request you PAC you'd need to not use it and the account would stay Live; however if you actually cancelled the account to close within 20 minutes - 2 hours this would be irreversible and the account would be closed and a refund being arranged. If you'd like me to take a look into this for you, feel free to drop me a Private Message. 

veloman
Grafter

I received a text from PN on Friday after 5 working days of my port request saying my port will complete soon. Sure enough my number appears to have ported to my PN SIM both for incoming and outgoing calls.  The problem I have is that the number that has been ported is still active on my Vodafone SIM. Although I no longer receive calls to my ported number on my Vodafone SIM I can still make outgoing calls from my Vodafone SIM and they appear as the same number that has ported to PN.

I thought that when a number was ported the old service, in my case Vodafone, would automatically be ceased.  This does not appear to have happened and I will, presumably, still be paying for my Vodafone service.

Can anyone advise what I need to do to ensure my Vodafone account is closed as soon as possible? I'm a bit concerned that if I contact Vodafone to get the account closed when the porting process is only part way through that it might cause complications. And that is the last thing I need at the moment!