cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Port - When are you going to do it!?!?!?

jon-98
Hooked

Number Port - When are you going to do it!?!?!?

Hello,

Well I requested a number transfer in from GiffGaff on the 6th. I had to ring on the evening of the 8th to find out why nothing had happened. My number was disconnected from GiffGaff on the morning of the 9th. There has been absolute silence from Plusnet.

Phone calls to Plusnet at least once a day result in one of two stock answers, which I will paraphrase as:
1) It will take 1 or 2 working days.
2) We don't know how long it's going to take.

It's now the 14th so, being generous, I can say I've been without my phone number for 3.5 working days + two days at the weekend. From my point of view that's 5.5 days, since while you may not port numbers at weekends I would still like to be able to use my phone properly.

Before anyone at plusnet responds please can they read the following:
1) Like most of us, I know how long number ports take, this is not my first time. I am aware that it can take 2 days to get going and you are claiming (see other posts by people wrt Ofcom regualations) that it can take upto two days. I am not interested in hearing that again.
2) I am not interested in any comment on the line of "I'm sorry that you are having difficulty", it is a useless statement.
3) Don't offer to have a manager ring me within 48 hours, because that doesn't happen.
4) I am not interested in how big a backlog you have got or how difficult it is at the minute. My problem is that my number isn't connected to my phone, and that's what I wanted sorted.
5) Don't sit there reading this thinking, why doesn't he just ring. I've done that a number of times and I am getting no-where. See the comment above.

Just to be clear, we have had our broadband with plusnet for a while and I have found, in general, the support to work quiet well and I was expecting a similar experience here. Unfortunately there appears to be a communication black hole. If I could bail out on the transfer I would, and I'd stay with GiffGaff, but since my number is now floating in the ether somewhere I'm trapped.

SO, WHEN IS MY NUMBER GOING TO BE TRANSFER?
It should not be this difficult to get an answer to that question. And the answer is not "it should be in the next two days", because that's not true.

If anyone out there would like to post the email address of the CEO, I'm more than happy to discuss this with him/her. I'm sure if it was their number floating in mid-air things would be moving a hell of a lot faster than this.

Right, if anyone from Plusnet would like to comment, then feel free.
Kind Regards.

45 REPLIES 45
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Number Port - When are you going to do it!?!?!?

Find the CEO email at http://www.ceoemail.com/index-search.php

Just enter Plusnet into the search box

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
pablomalin
Hooked

Contacted them on FB:

You requested your port-in on the 12th December and it takes 2 working days to complete. Your port-in is due to take effect today and I'd advise to reboot your handset a few times this afternoon to help ensure the change takes place. I'm sorry to hear your old SIM has disconnected already, but this is usually a good sign. You'll also receive a notification today once your existing number has gone through. -Ashleigh

OK, THANKS, I will chase this further, if my number won't show up this afternoon. Never had this kind of issues before. thanks for your help.

It could transfer during any point today; so if your number hasn't appeared on your SIM by tomorrow, I'd advise to contact us again and we'll be able to look into this further for you. -Ashleigh
Chat conversation end

jon-98
Hooked

Thanks to SpendLessTime for the link, very usefull

Hope yours goes well pablomalin. Someone I know requested theirs Monday evening and it has just gone through about an hour ago, so I can only conclude that Plusnet can do it if they want to. 

o_oli

I'm 100% in the same boat as you. Old contract is cut off, and I'm receiving calls but only SOME text messages. I was told the transfer would take UP TO 2 working days, now at 5 working days nothing has been done. Enquired on day 3, told 'we are aware there is an issue, it's been flagged, can't give you at ETA'. Day 5 been told...still no ETA but "I would hope sooner than later".

Clearly a massive disconnect between the customer support and the technical department because they have zero knowledge of what the other are doing. How long can I missing potentially important text messages before something is done? A week, a month? Feel like I'm being held by the balls by plusnet here, there is nothing I can do! I suppose there will be no delay for my money to be taken though lol.

You know what, I understand they must have super high demand given plusnet's acquisition and mobile launch. They probably have a backlog of thousands of people, but for god sake, why are they starting transfers without informing customers of this potential delay? I would have stayed on the number that came with the sim for a few weeks until their backlog is cleared if I was informed, and just had my other contract running along side for a bit longer too.

pablomalin
Hooked

I started the whole process on the 12th around 13:30. and my three simcard stopped working yesterday very early morning, so now like 1,5 days without a phone pretty much. 

jon-98
Hooked

Well just called customer services again.

Apparently the way to get this escalated is to start by asking to talk to a manager. This is a 48 hour process, but when you get one you can ask them to escalate the problem. I get the impression from other posts that it needs to go to the Operations team, so that will be may objective. Dunno how successful I'll be.

Digitalspirit
Dabbler

I am in a rather odd position of having my old EE number ported but Plusnet having no record of it being "completed" even though for all intents and purposes the ported number works fine (it took 5 calls on separate occasions to get to this information). However, it's disrupting in the way that I cannot disable VM, which in itself is ridiculous having to contact the operator to do this, as the system does not currently recognise the number and also since porting my account usage hasn't updated with call, data or text information so how can I monitor it? Apparently this is a blanket issue and could take 5 working days to resolve the usage update, but it doesn't really help and that's the usual estimate for these issues. Also, they can't tell me when the port will be "officially" completed. Considering BT, Plusnet and EE are under the same umbrella it's amazing that Plusnet and EE's communication is none existent, regardless to them being "separate entities", they are still owned by the same company. My account with EE has since been closed and a final bill payed, so it's done with, there's really no excuses. The broadband service I have had with them for some 9 years has to date (touch wood) always been very good, hence why I decided to swap to their mobile service, but it appears they have no idea how to deal with it. It amazes me that companies appear overwhelmed and clueless when they should really have some sort of idea of customer demand and QoS.

DaveMc

Plusnet seem to be going into meltdown with the move to providing mobile phone services. I followed the Text Port procedure which all appeared to go through ok on the 6th but when on the 11th nothing seemed to be happening I contacted support to be told that they have been having issues and that the process hadn't worked, the operator said he would put it through again. I was told it would take 2 working days so expected it to be completed sometime yesterday the 13th. My old number was cut off yesterday with my previous provider but is still to be ported to Plusnet. Tried to contact support this evening, web chat is unavailable so it had to be by phone but took 12 minutes the first call only to be cut off when the call was connected. The second call took 20 minutes to get through and I was met by the same responses of it will take up to 2 days to complete and when pointed out that had already passed and was it possible to check the status of the port was told "it is due to a delay by your previous provider and we don't know how long it will take to get done". I've always found the broadband support excellent but I hope this situation is not a sign of things to come but it does seem that something has gone seriously wrong with the mobile side of things.

pablomalin
Hooked

Any news? I'm on the phone now but in the queue waiting 15 mins now. This is my 3rd day without my number.

OK so they responded saying they will send email to another departmenty which is in another building and it can take up to five days to get a response from them. They are taking a [-Censored-] now.,

jarvs
Hooked

Same experience for me. Took out 2 sims and requested ports on Sunday evening. Yesterday told that they can't tell me when it will happen. Could be days weeks or months for all I know. I've been with this company since F9 and always found them brilliant. This is a shambles unfortunately. Hopefully they've stopped taking on new mobile customers until it's sorted but I suspect not,

Sambader

I'm up to 6 days without my number.

My kids have been waiting for 5 and they also don't have their numbers.

Digitalspirit
Dabbler

Got a text/email today to tell me "my port is almost complete" even though my old EE number has been "ported" and working since 8th! I still have to wait for this so I can disable my VM though. On a side note the usage on my account has started "working" again.

Has anyone with these excessive waiting times for porting reported them to Ofcom? Surely they are breaking guidelines here and need to be pulled up on it.

DuncanS
Hooked
Fixes: 1

6 days and counting here with an incomplete PAC transfer for both me and the Mrs. Tell us what the problem is! There is a problem isn't there? People will be more tolerant, if you: a) Explain. b) Provide a commitment to resolve in a timeframe. You are killing your reputation over this. Get a grip! Communicate directly with those affected don't leave it to us to hang on phone lines just to be fobbed off with non-information.
HangTen
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@Digitalspirit wrote:

Got a text/email today to tell me "my port is almost complete" even though my old EE number has been "ported" and working since 8th! ........... On a side note the usage on my account has started "working" again.

Similar here - my ported number has been working since 6th (with only a 4 hour service outage during the transfer process), yet I received an email this morning saying: "Brilliant news, your mobile number port will be complete very soon.", however my account page has still not yet been updated to show usage breakdown against my current number ... I'm assuming that when that happens, it will be the final completion of the porting process.