Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Port Problems - Not a very good start

FIXED
Moonraker

Number Port Problems - Not a very good start

Hello

I signed up with Plusnet on the 15th May and received my welcome email on the 17th, unfortunately I didn't receive my SIM card and it took several calls to finally receive one on Tuesday 5th June, apparently the third attempt to send one out to me.

This was activated and set up without problem, so I went ahead with porting in my old number about midday and received an email saying "your number port request has been confirmed and should complete within one working day"

As this had not happened in that time frame I contacted Customer Services and was told it should be transferred by 6pm, by mid afternoon my old Virgin SIM had stopped working but no port had taken place nor any message advising of any delay.

Contacted customer services again and was assured that by midnight, the number would be ported.

This morning, still no porting and no messages from Plusnet to inform me of any delay so I contacted customer services once again and spoke to Paul who was very helpful and checked the 'Outstanding Ports Database' but couldn't find my details on there so could not give me any definite information. 

I am now in the position that I cannot be reached by my contacts on either network,

so I'm hoping to receive some help from a support service manager to get my old number ported ASAP.

12 REPLIES 12
LivRobinson
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Number Port Problems - Not a very good start

Fix

Hi Moonraker!

I am very sorry to hear that there has been a slight delay with your port, I can completely understand the inconvenience of this!

As a general rule, a port-in will take 1 working day when processed before 6PM or 2 working days if processed after. Delays are rare, but when they do occur this will get raised with our Operations Team who will work tirelessly to find the cause of the disruption and implement a fix ASAP.
With this in mind, I am more than happy to have a look into your account today to check up on the status of this. To do so will require us running through some security so could you please send me a PM with the number for the account in question and we will get the ball rolling on this Smiley

Thanks
Liv

Liv Robinson
 Plusnet Help Team
mr_goll
Dabbler

Dear Sir,

You are very lucky. Plusnet mobile has lost my number deleted my call history and closed my account leaving me with nothing. Beware.

YoN

hello plus net,

I have the same problem to port my old number. still waiting over three weeks and noting. I gave my PAC code, my old company released my number and Plus net still transfer mu number currently three weeks. No one even can give me answer when that will happen.

Finger cross to everyone who have the same problem like me.

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Sorry to hear you've had a rocky start YoN.

Occasionally ports can hit a snag, but our engineers will be working flat-out to bring across all of the porting files fully and complete that as quickly as possible for you.

If you'd like me to open up the account, keep an eye on things and act as a point of contact, please do drop me a message.

mr_goll
Dabbler

Dear YoN,

I have been without service since 4th June, have received 4 replacement simcards, they setup two direct debits - and still no luck getting me any service - so hope you fair better than me!! smtpb1.bt.com is also rejecting inbound emails this afternoon - caveat emptor.

bekiw89

Hi @MichaelWilliams

I am having a major problem with my mobile number and porting my data has gone.  Please could you contact me as in the threats you seem to have sorted other peoples without having to receive a new sim.  I tried to contact you but don't know how to use this forum ?

many thanks

bekiw89

@MichaelWilliams ** threads  (Sorry fast typing)

YoN

17 working days, still no progress!!!
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi bekiw89,

Mike is away from the office at the moment, so I'll pick this up from here. Smiley

Can you please reset your network settings and delete any previous network profiles that may be stored on the handset. You can do this by the following:

Tap Settings > General >Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Tap Settings General > Scroll to the bottom and open Profiles > In the "Profiles" section, select the profile you wish to remove and tap Delete Profile.

- Rebeka 

bekiw89

It's just started working today for no reason so thank you ... it's all sorted !
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

That's great news!

Glad you're all up and running now.

- Rebeka Smiley

bekiw89

Thank you for you're help