cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nuisance Calls - Recycled number?

MUFFiN
Grafter

Nuisance Calls - Recycled number?

So I got a PN sim a few months back and the only issue I have, is that I get calls from a Glasgow based debt collection agency looking for a woman who I have never heard of before.

I have asked them politely on numberous occasions to remove the mobile number from their database as I don't know who they are looking for. They keep saying that they will but I still get calls.

Is it possible for PN to block this number from phoning me?
4 REPLIES 4
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Nuisance Calls - Recycled number?

If not try https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mrnumber.blocker&hl=en_GB for Android

or https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mr.-number-call-block-reverse/id1047334922?mt=8 for IPhones.

Edit: they may have been given a false number rather than it being recycled.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MUFFiN

I'm sorry to hear about this. 

I'd like to look into a solution to stop these calls for you. If you drop me a Private Message it's definitely something I can investigate. As we may be able to set you up with a new number, if it's being caused by a recycled number from our system. 

quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

If you're on an iPhone recent ios can block a number. List your recents, hit the info tab, scroll down, block number.

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
MUFFiN
Grafter

Thanks for replies, I know I could download an app on my android phone however I would rather not have the need for apps if possible, especially since my phone is an older model & can already be slow at times.

I'll DM you soon Emily, thank you.