Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not recieving Voicemail notifications

FIXED
Jt2019
Dabbler

Re: Not recieving Voicemail notifications

After so many attempts at trying to sort it I was told it was the phone's issue and they couldn't do anything.... so frustrating!!!
vienly
Dabbler

Has anyone tried Hullomail, does that work with plusnet?

Do we get charged for callforwarding?

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @vienly thanks for your post.

Call forwarding would not be charged, providing you have inclusive minutes left to use, as the forwarded call would count as an outbound call.

I've done a bit of checking into Hullomail (as was unsure of the type of app it was) and I'm afraid that we don't it as we don't support visual voicemail as yet.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

@Jt2019 and @vienly - I'm convinced that we should be able to resolve the voicemail issue, particularly with Jt mentioning that she had no issues prior to joining Plusnet.

I'll send an email over to our Mobile Operations Team now for their advice. I'll more than likely hear back from them tomorrow and will update you both as soon as I do.

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

There have been issues with voicemail push notifications on various phones which are perhaps caused by corruptions of the android system app/storage which a full reset will commonly fix.

A quick test is to try the sims in completely different phones with known working voicemail and ring it and leave a voicemail.

If it doesn't do it on the other phone, its likely a phone issue warranting a complete reset test

If it does do it on the other phone, its almost certainly a PN systems/sim issue.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@RobC wrote:

There have been issues with voicemail push notifications on various phones which are perhaps caused by corruptions of the android system app/storage which a full reset will commonly fix.

A quick test is to try the sims in completely different phones with known working voicemail and ring it and leave a voicemail.

If the voicemail notification comes through on the other phone, its likely an original phone issue warranting a complete reset + test

If the voicemail notification also doesn't come through on the alternate phone, its almost certainly a PN systems/sim issue.

Rubbish clarity in my original response - clarified version in red

Apologies

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
vienly
Dabbler

Ok so I tried my sim in a Sony Xperia phone (not samsung) and I have the same problem.

So clearly this is a PN systems/sim issue.

Any fix available for this?

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey there @vienly,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I can see @OskarPapa has sent across a email to our operations team and we are just awaiting a further response. We'll update this thread as soon as we know more.

Thanks

vienly
Dabbler

Hi, has this issue been addressed on your end yet? I am still not getting voicemail notifications.

It has been over a month and there hasn't been any updates.

I know it's definitely not an issue with my phone because I stuck in a PAYG Vodafone sim to test it, and it receives voicemail notifications without any problems, they even send me a text to say I have a voicemail!

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Fix

Hi @vienly, thanks for your message.

I received notification a while back now that this issue is supposedly resolved for all users - So that I can chase this further, can you please PM me the mobile number in question?

Jt2019
Dabbler

Still not fixed for me!!!
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @Jt2019

Thank you for letting us know this is still ongoing. 

We would advise speaking with our Mobile Technical support team directly. Please dial 500 from your handset and they will run through next steps with you. 

Kind Regards

Ollie 

vienly
Dabbler

Mobile number sent

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @vienly

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered regarding. 

We have a dedicated Mobile Technical support team who can deal with these sort of queries by dialling 500 from your handset. 

We can pass security with yourself and then raise this to the Operations team. However, it is is quicker to dial 500 and speak to technical support directly and get this raised. 

Kind Regards

Ollie 

catshill1
Grafter

Still not resolved for me, turned voicemail back on, left a message, no notification so I've turned volcemail off again.

As others have said it is a PN issue so won't be waiting for ages on a support call and being told to reset my phone.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi there @ catshill1,

Thanks for getting in touch, I appreciate your query.

I'm really sorry to hear about the issue, I'd suggest speaking to our dedicated Mobile Technical Support team who can deal with this type of query. You can get in touch by dialling 500 from your handset, it's quicker to do this to get the issue raised although you can come back to us here if you wish to go through security with us to raise this to the Operations team ourselves.

Thanks - LF