cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text messages

DavidC

Not receiving text messages

Hi

Fairly new user here, moved to Plusnet a couple of months ago. Today I have been getting calls from people asking why I am not responding to their texts. I checked my phone and I hadn't received any texts from these people. I try texting myself and none of them come through. After lots of resetting the phone, changing settings etc and looking on here for possible solutions. I have worked out that it is an issue with 4G. When 4G is enabled on my phone (iphone 7 btw) I can't receive text messages, when I disable 4G, I can receive new text messages but not any that may have previously been sent.

Does anyone know why this would be the case? Is this likely to be an issue with the phone or the network?

Many thanks

David

2 REPLIES 2
DavidC

Re: Not receiving text messages

I should clarify that I have no issues making or receiving phone calls or sending texts, the only issue is not receiving texts.

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Re: Not receiving text messages

Hi there David. Sorry to hear you're having issues with receiving texts, and I'm keen to get this resolved for you.

Please send me a Private Message with some account details and we can get started with the troubleshooting process Smiley