Did you mean: 

Not receiving incoming calls

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Not receiving incoming calls

Hi Heatha!

I'm extremely sorry about the issues you're experiencing with not receiving incoming calls/texts and I'd like to help in anyway I can. 

Can you please try manually searching for a network and if given an option, connect to any other network that differs from EE/Plusnet. Once you've done this, leave it for a couple of minutes and then go back and select EE/Plusnet. 

Let me know how you get on. 

- Rebeka 

Heatha
Dabbler

Hi @RebekaPreston

I tried this twice, didn't fix the problem. I tried it a third time with a reboot. Again, didn't fix the problem.

Regards

Andreas

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

tcm
Hooked

I also have the same problem as the OP. Along with the TSB short code verification issue, along with making a call, then after 5 seconds it just terminates, and the same receiving calls.

It's not my handset either. I know because I know and I've tried other handsets, same result. Happening for about 2 weeks now. 

tcm
Hooked

Hey Mod

Why have you locked the thread I started? So my post here gets buried. Obviously highlights Plusnet have a problem. Doesn't look like Plusnet are too bothered anyway. Oh, duplicate post. Of course! 😉 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @tcm

I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with your service. It's certainly not something we intend and I hope we're able to rectify this for you. 

Without specific account information, I'm unable to advise any further. If you'd like to send me a private message with you account details, I'll ensure this is picked up and dealt with accordingly. -Ashleigh 

stormy
Dabbler

Hi,

It appears definitely to be tied to banking authorisation.

TSB / Halifax / Lloyds etc use a similar authentication method which involves a call from the bank to verify login / transaction.

This appears to block the SIM from receiving calls / SMS for an unknown period of time.

My phone is working again but it appears to have cleared itself after so many hours / reboots / putting in flight mode.

I was also sent a new SIM which does not appear to change the behaviour. Best policy. Don't allow automated bank calls to your mobile until the root cause is known. I know that won't help people without land lines.
Selgovae
Grafter
Fixes: 1

I had this problem after a verification call from TSB some weeks ago. It didn't clear itself after many hours / reboots / putting in flight mode. Mine required a new sim card and a call to customer services to enable the new SIM.

As a work around I now carry a spare phone connected to the 3 network. This will be used to receive calls from my bank until this problem is solved.

However I wonder what these calls contain that could be causing Plusnet a problem? I recall it came from an 0845 type number.
jgfrancis
Grafter

As Plusnet do not seem to want to recognise this problem, is it something that could be notified to the banks concerned for their comments.

stormy
Dabbler

I might contact my bank but I am pretty sure they will point me back to Plusnet. The odd thing is I was on EE before with no issues. Plusnet use the EE network.
Heatha
Dabbler

@RebekaPreston Hi, how are we progressing with this issue?

Heatha
Dabbler

@Anonymous @RebekaPreston and all other staff, why is there still no action and why are telephone customer service advisors still saying they have no knowledge of plusnet customers having this issue?

There are multiple threads and multiple persons posting about this problem and yet still in denial?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Morning @Heatha

Thanks for getting back in touch. Rebeka is out of office at the moment, however, if you could send me a private message with your details, I'll check if there's any progress or updates on your account. -Ashleigh 

Der_Management

It seems that the temporary ‘solution’ is to stop trying to register your bank account and then wait 24 hours.

Obviously not ideal but it worked for me, but clearly this needs to be fixed.

Perhaps register a different phone number with the bank to use that for registration until this is sorted?
stormy
Dabbler

Yeh this is how I fixed it just used a different number, land line.
Heatha
Dabbler

Gents, could someone explain this bank thing to me and how it could cause and in turn solve the problem. I called customer services again and for the third time they said collect 3 examples for operations team blah blah. All well and good but the operations team haven't got back to me the last 2 times...

Anyway, I have a PAC code from them. I told them to ram their 30 days notice and to be fair the cancellation guy didn't try to argue that at all. He rightfully said "You have given us enough time to get our act together and we haven't."

I have ordered a giffgaff sim.

I do not want to leave plusnet, I like everything about them, but they have really dropped the ball on this and are leaving me no choice! I have a phone that doesn't receive calls!

If this bank business can solve things for me before my giffgaff sim arrives great, so any help welcome. If not, I'm gone.