cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving incoming calls

Skoosh
Dabbler

Not receiving incoming calls

I'm having problems receiving calls, callers inform me that the line is busy and they are redirected to plusnet voicemail. This happens regardless of signal quality and it seems that the caller has to try again and again until they are connected.
My number was ported across from Orange and it seems that this is yet another problem after porting /data issues.
39 REPLIES 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Not receiving incoming calls

Just a thought have you switched your phone off removed the sim card wait a minute and replace.

This once worked for me when I was on Orange.

Skoosh
Dabbler

Yes, I've tried that. Just to clarify ; I can receive calls intermittently but it seems to be a hit or miss affair. The caller gets a "line busy tone" and is redirected to voicemail regardless of how strong a signal I have. I suspect it's a fault with the conditional call diversion and number porting?
Del847

My wife and I joined plusnet recently and also ported our numbers across. We are experiencing the same issue, way was the fix?Huh
Del847

My wife and I joined plusnet recently and also ported our numbers across. We are experiencing the same issue, way was the fix?Huh
Tags (1)
nc123

I am also having the same problem. Ported number from O2; some calls get through others report an engaged tone but signal is fine. Anyone find a solution?

Der_Management

Me too 😞

Intermittent incoming calls.

Support suggested #22# but no difference.  They are now planning on making three test calls in two days' time (Sunday) at three different times to see if the problem continues to occur.

I'm not happy that I'm without incoming calls 😞 with no obvious end to this problem.

Has anyone else discovered a solution yet?

alexgraves82
Hooked

I have exactly the same experience. No incoming calls for over 2 weeks since moving to Plusnet. I'm now being told to test in a non-iPhone as I'm sure they want to blame the device!
I've asked a team lead to call me today as the Ops team have gone beyond their turn around of 3-5 days.
Really bad service.
Heatha
Dabbler

I am the same. I first reported it on 26/4/17 and nothing has been resolved. About 80% of the time people try to call me, they get answer phone. I have decent signal showing on the phone, I can call out and have no signal issues in doing so, I can send and receive texts and data is fine.

They got me to do #21# and restart my phone, nothing changed.

They escalated it to their 'operations' department a week ago and I am still waiting to hear back. They keep saying, try sim in new phone etc. but it's clearly not my phone with the issue as so many people here are reporting the same.

I will call again on Tuesday. I WILL expect the last 4 weeks refunded to me and I will want a resolution. This is truly ridiculous.

Selgovae
Grafter
Fixes: 1

I had the same problem last week but it got resolved. Have a read of this, it may help.
https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Call-from-TSB-has-stopped-me-receiving-calls-and-texts/td-p/144...
alexgraves82
Hooked

Unfortunately a replacement sim didn't fix the issue for me. I'm on my second round of 'examples' that go to the Ops team at Plusnet as they expire after 72 hours. First round was a waste of time and resulted in telling me to test my sim in another phone, which I had already done in initial customer service testing. One week wasted! Not impressed with efficiency of troubleshooting issues. Giving them one more week (3 weeks total) to sort it, otherwise I'm leaving.
Heatha
Dabbler

I've had a new sim too. Issue not fixed.

stormy
Dabbler

Oh great looks like I am on this merry go around now. Sad

alexgraves82
Hooked

@stormy Welcome to Plusnet - "We'll do you proud" it said on the envelope when it arrived....... 5 weeks with Plusnet now, and i'm angry and not proud.

They have now collected 4 lots of samples for the ops team to test and i'm being told for the second time to put the sim in another phone to test.  It isn't an issue with my handset Plusnet.... look at this forum, it is obvious that it's a provider issue as this is a common issue.  GET IT SORTED!

Heatha
Dabbler

Notice how many people this is affecting on the thread, and customer services no where to be seen. Like I said, they still ignoring the fact that there is a problem.