cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving incoming & Texts

dsloper
Hooked

Re: Not receiving incoming & Texts

My final solution was to get a PAC code and leave PlusNet behind. I could not afford to not know if I was missing calls.

macey211

45 minutes waiting on the phone for someone to answer! Life Mobile never took longer than 5 minutes. 

Citibadger

Can't say I'm impressed at all with the customer service. Found out by pure chance that I've not been receiving incoming texts for the past 3 days at least then read on this forum it may affect incoming calls as well. Both for me, no incoming texts or calls. Slightly annoyed that plusnet are aware but no email to highlight this. Just tried to call customer service, on hold for 15 minutes, call answered by customer service but told they can't deal and to call back if that's okay? Well no it's not f@&£ing okay really. I briefly explained that no calls or texts and was told customer service opens at 7.30am and to call then.

Customer service? Not really is it. I would say it's pretty poor to be fair.
They can start tomorrow with my PAC code and see how that works for them.
Citibadger

Very annoyed. Not told of any issues by plusnet which they were aware of. No calls and text for the last 3 days at least. Found out today by complete chance.

Called customer service but they said to call back tomorrow as the lines were now closed only because I was on f£&£ing hold for 15 minutes. When I explained why I was calling, told to call back tomorrow at 7.30!!!!

Pretty poor customer service really. Not quite as advertised.

I'll be getting my PAC code.
prowiec

Hi Everyone

I am sorry to revive this thread but I came across it while looking for a solution so I thought I will post what I did to get my texts to work. Never know, perhaps will save someone a lot of trouble and time.

Start of by disabling your iMessage and FaceTime and then:

1. Check your message centre service number

*#5005*7672# 

and press call

2. Delete the current message centre service number

##5005*7672#

and press call

3. The enter the new message centre service number

**5005*7672*+447870002308#

and press call

Restart your phone, enable iMessage and FaceTime and you should be golden.

As for your PlusNet customer service, you are a bunch of numpties... every time I called I was asked to enter a different message centre service number. First I was asked to input the number with 0 at the beginning instead of +44 but was given 1 less 0 in the middle of the number. Next time I was asked to just enter 7870002308... no 0 no +44. With some googling I was able to come up with the solution as you were certainly no help.

Hope you will improve the knowledge of your support staff because the call wait time is excellent and people are quite polite and friendly although it turns out unhelpful.