Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving incoming & Texts

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Not receiving incoming & Texts

I signed up in December and have had no problems whatsoever.

Arcan788
Hooked

Just called for an update and it looks like like some sort of jam thanks to Plusnet 😕

But still at least another week's wait as Plusnet deal with it. 

Karen123

Same problem for me and when I reported it Friday they said they had never heard of the problem before. Yesterday I was promised an e-mail update but nothing so far. This is obviously a big problem so why isn't someone from Plusnet posting regular updates. It's affecting my banking too as this relies on texts to my mobile!

rob01273

Same for us.

Two PlusNet accounts, both 4 months into contract, not new SIMs or recently ported. One of which experienced the no-data issue in December when it was ported. Both accounts lost data signal last Thursday, but we assumed it was a service outage in our area. On Saturday when we traveled across 3 counties, then realised it wasn't a local issue and we weren't receiving calls or texts. We then found out our numbers had both reverted to the SIM's original pre-port numbers.

Called Plusnet on Monday (yesterday) who claimed to have no idea how or why, but they could tell me engineers were working on it although they don't work weekends so wouldn't have got very far. Furious because it has stopped me making bank payments ahead of our upcoming wedding since all new payees require passcodes sent by text!

Asked PlusNet about getting a PAC code and was told they weren't sure if it would work while this fault is in place!

Today the numbers seem to be back and working (hurrah!) but STILL not data coverage. Have checked and reset the AP settings just in case, rebooted, removed SIM etc etc etc but the fault's definitely at their end.

Counting the days until I can get away from this half-a$$ed operation.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi all, 

We've recently become aware that a very small number of customers have an issue with their network profile, meaning that they may have struggled to receive incoming calls and texts. Additionally, in some cases, the incorrect mobile number may have been displayed when making outgoing calls. We're sorry for anyone who is experiencing this and we can assure you that our Support Teams are currently working on a fix.

- Rebeka 

Nocturnalizer

@RebekaPreston wrote:

Hi all, 

We've recently become aware that a very small number of customers have an issue with their network profile, meaning that they may have struggled to receive incoming calls and texts. Additionally, in some cases, the incorrect mobile number may have been displayed when making outgoing calls. We're sorry for anyone who is experiencing this and we can assure you that our Support Teams are currently working on a fix.

- Rebeka 

I am having the issue of not being able to receive any texts or calls since yesterday afternoon. I can make calls but can't receive them, just simply goes to voicemail. With two sick elderly parents this simply isn't good enough. I need to be able to receive calls.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi Nocturnalizer,

I'm really sorry to hear about this and I'd like to help! Can you please try the following:

• Turn the handset off
  • Take the SIM card out
  • Leave it for a couple of minutes
  • Replace the SIM card
  • Turn the handset back on

Our Support Teams are currently working on a fix for this; in the meantime, if a fix has been implemented, performing the above will apply this. 

Let me know how you get on.

- Rebeka Smiley

Nocturnalizer

@RebekaPreston wrote:

Hi @Nocturnalizer,

I'm really sorry to hear about this and I'd like to help! Can you please try the following:

• Turn the handset off
  • Take the SIM card out
  • Leave it for a couple of minutes
  • Replace the SIM card
  • Turn the handset back on

Our Support Teams are currently working on a fix for this; in the meantime, if a fix has been implemented, performing the above will apply this. 

Let me know how you get on.

- Rebeka Smiley

Hi Rebeka, thanks for the help. No luck I'm afraid. I tried this yesterday as well and nothing. Still can't receive any calls or texts.

fibreuser
Grafter

Having the same issue, randomly cant receive incoming calls. Seems to be quite a few people affected, with what appears to be no clue to the problem from plusnet. I called to get my pac earlier and when asked why I explained i wanted to leave because I couldn't receive calls he sighed and just handed it over - I think quite a few people are leaving because of this....

Nocturnalizer

The folks I spoke to at customer services seemed to think it was affecting only a few people and is down to 'faulty sims'. I'm being sent a new sim card now which will take a few days and am hoping that will fix the issue. Not being able to receive calls or texts is really not good though and it's making me consider moving as I can't risk being unable to be contacted for almost a week.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

fibreuser
Grafter

They said they thought it was a sim for me too, however, based on the current level of plusnet competency, and the fact that plusnet have said its apparently a network configuration issue that they are looking into, leaves me with the feeling that quite frankly they dont know what they are doing, so I am moving to a proper network that works. No point having a phone where you have no confidence if it works or not.... 

Nocturnalizer

Which one are you moving to, out of interest? Considering my options myself.

fibreuser
Grafter

Talk mobile - no 4g yet but they are like life mobile used to be (i.e owned and ran by the actual mobile network) 

Nocturnalizer

Cool, I'll look at that if things don't work out with this new sim. A brief issue happens now and again, but a full 24 hours with no calls or texts is bad.

Tak777

Hi

I am also having these Strange issues.

- People ringing me hear Call tones but my phone doesn't ring.
- No Data when needed.
- Strangely high data usage causing me to hit my CAP, I use only wifi and occaisonal data so doesn't make sense
- Unable to Send SMS
- SMS received 24hrs+ after they were sent, really annoying.

I joined over 14months ago when they were LIFE Mobile.

Had ZERO issues with LIFE , changes to PLUSnet and a Plethora of problems appear.
Helpdesk dont seem to have any answers.

I run my Business on this phone and I am losing trade. I realise this is not a Business network before someone comments but was Excellent as Life.

I am seriously considering going back to the Three Network, who themselves are Numpties but make Plusnet appear professional.

Surely there must be more people affected.