Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving incoming & Texts

killsta
Dabbler

Re: Not receiving incoming & Texts

Sounds like an excuse.

I have this issue and I can't receive calls from a regular EE mobile or an O2 mobile, nor online banking checks, etc.  

After the mobile data fiasco in January, this is a bit of a joke Plusnet.

malfunkshun
Dabbler

Got to the bottom of this issue with my handset. Had to completely disable 4g, not turn off data, disable 4g and use 3g. I can still stream video on 3g which is as hard as I ever push my data connection anyway. I will assume that Plus use VoLTE, my handset doesn't support that. I should get a new one but I like it and other than this its all good.

Edit, nope, not a VoLTE issue, god knows, I know EE users have issues with receiving calls on 4g too.....

pabloeldiablo
Dabbler

Same story here. Tried to set up new payee in my online bank only to find they can't reach me. In the meantime I also expected some other calls including Virgin retentions with broadband deal offer but to no avail. No, I'm really unhappy, I though after all the issues with porting last Dec all the issues were long time gone but unfortunately they were not. I will look for another provider as, from what I can see, there is no guarantee that new sim won't develop problems in the future and it could be hours or days before I find out! Unacceptable, Plusnet!

gdj1981
Dabbler

Hi folks, since Friday I've also not been able to receive texts or calls. But can make outgoing no problem. Phoned support earlier and he'd just been talking to someone with the same issue, before even me telling me he asked if registered with phone banking. I'd not for some reason been able to get the call back to verify and it, it was actually all going straight to voicemail. So it's since that and there's obviously an issue someone, he recommended me to remove my mobile details from the bank but can't over the phone and it's important for security I have it on. Hoping this gets resolved soon. Been with plusnet for a few months and all been great
killsta
Dabbler

Yeah that's interesting.

I got a new SIM last week to see if that made a difference, as soon as it was activated incoming calls started working OK.  As soon as I tried to register my bank app (need to receive a call) it didn't work, and from that point I could no longer receive any calls from anyone else either.

Weird!

gdj1981
Dabbler

Got loads of texts through today that I never received so the problems resolved sort of. Just a warning for anyone that sets up a Lloyds app then don't get the call to your phone use a landline for now. Customers should be made aware of this glitch and thankful for the helpful guy from support last night who I spoke to or would of been ordering a replacement sim, even though wouldn't of needed it

pabloeldiablo
Dabbler

My phone is blocked again, no app here just phone call from my bank (nationwide) trying to confirm my identity and I used online banking using their web on my PC.. what now? another sim? 

killsta
Dabbler

Hah, this is so ridiculous it's funny.

pabloeldiablo
Dabbler

Ok I contacted Plusnet  via chat and told to Dial #21#  and then reboot and it worked. But this mean, still no calls from my bank, C'mon plusnet sort it out !!!

geordiedancer71

After so many weeks of having this issue, I moved my wife's number across. She tried to update a payment via Halifax banking app and as soon as it failed to auto call to verify the payment. The phone will not receive incoming calls. When I try and call I get the number is temp unavailable.
This is horrendous.
I just called support who blah blah blah had no idea of this issue.
New SIM. Try another handset...
Well 8 hours after the call from the bank still no incoming calls.
This is pathetic service.
Someone sort it. This should be the highest priority issue to be resolved !!!
HaRRy3

I did exactly the same. Tried to do some banking with halifax then the next thing my phone isn't receiving calls or texts.
Andybunn22
Hooked

Didn't realise how many people where having the same issue. I posted my issue before checking all of these posts.

Its quite worrying to think about how many messages and calls people have missed as a result of not knowing about the issue that is ongoing. As soon as you use anything with a short code system, it makes your phone basically redundant. 

Locked out of most of my online accounts seeing as two step verification is setup which is just making the situation worse.

Looking into moving away from plus net as they can't provide a fix it seems for an issue on their network. 

scottrc
Rising Star

I also have this issue and I created a thread before seeing this one.

I researched for a while and discovered the problem is caused by the phone not switching from LTE/4g to 3g/2g to receive the call. The network is supposed to send some kind of ping to the sim to tell it a call is incoming and to switch off LTE. It seems this is not always happening or at least, not happening fast enough. The call then takes too long to connect and is rejected/forwarded to voice mail.

I can fix it by turning off LTE on my phone and setting preferred network as 3g, but this defeats the object of having 4g in the first place.
macey211

Same problem here too. I never had these issues with Life Mobile. What are you playing at Plusnet?

pkw
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Well,  I had the same issue a few weeks ago and my phone doesn't support 4G/LTE.