cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving incoming & Texts

Arcan788
Hooked

Re: Not receiving incoming & Texts

It's now been almost two weeks without incoming calls and texts and so I finally (wish I had a long time ago) ported to Giffgaff. Supposedly no chance of a refund because of some very dodgy rules and quite frankly they're the ones who broke the contract by not allowing me to get incoming calls or texts so I am going straight to the Ombudsman. Plusnet, really is the worst company I've ever come across. "Unfortunately as the contract is a 30 day rolling contract, we do require 30 days notice to cancel. Without applying your 30 days notice period you wouldn't be eligible for any kind of refund. I'm very sorry but we credit customers for loss of services to their account as has been the case here however once a customer ports out they're no longer eligible for a refund as the minimum contract term has been broken. -Sarah"
Arcan788
Hooked

To anyone coming across this thread: 

After Life was taken over from Plusnet I saw a rapid deterioration of service: poor signal, slow internet, unclear charges, terrible customer service and distorted calls that dropped.

However, the worst issues started two weeks ago when I and many others stopped being able to receive incoming calls and texts, and Plusnet was incredibly slow to deal with the problem and to date still haven't fixed it. 

After finding out they only just referred the issue to their technical staff and with Easter approaching (and knowing their technical staff don't work holidays or weekends) I ported my number to Giffgaff because waiting at least another week without being able to get everything from work calls, to automated online banking and even not even being able to access my two step verified email it was getting ridiculous. 

Even more frustrating is not only do Plusnet require a 30 day notice period to cancel your account so I'll still be billed but supposedly because I ported my number I don't get a refund for the loss of service. 

"Unfortunately as the contract is a 30 day rolling contract, we do require 30 days notice to cancel. Without applying your 30 days notice period you wouldn't be eligible for any kind of refund. I'm very sorry but we credit customers for loss of services to their account as has been the case here however once a customer ports out they're no longer eligible for a refund as the minimum contract term has been broken" 

So to sum up: 

A technical fault (as far as I am aware a jam in the line) stops me receiving incoming calls and texts for two weeks. 

The issue still hasn't been fixed with uncertainty about when it will be.

I port my number to another provider but still have to pay for another month and they refuse to refund me for the loss of service for porting over my number. 

Please avoid Plusnet like the plague.

Nocturnalizer

I still don't have a new sim card as yet and I haven't received any calls or texts in days now. Definitely really unhappy about the whole situation. I can't knock the service prior to these issues as it's been good, but the fact that there's so little information coming out about this as if PlusNet is fobbing it off as just a few people with issues, that's not sticking with me so well. If we're paying a monthly fee to you there should be regular updates, in an obvious, notable area that we can keep an eye on. There isn't even any information in any 'system status' areas to note the problems. Not good.

It comes across as PlusNet not knowing what on earth is going on. I'd have been more forgiving if this was a temporary problem, but it's been days now and I'm getting fed up. If this new sim works I'll really have to think hard about whether I want to continue being a customer. Good customer service is about letting people know with solid information, and about communicating that out to all of the people affected. Simply saying "we're working on it" isn't good enough.

Clv

I'm very relieved to hear it's possible to port out from one of these faulty accounts. I shall be doing so myself immediately after Easter, as I have no idea when, or even if, my problem will be fixed.

I have never heard of such problems with any network ever before.  What with this and the many problems that people have reported with porting in, I no longer have confidence that Plusnet have what it takes to run a mobile virtual network. The deals look very good value for money, but probably it's run on a shoestring operation to keep costs down and sometimes you only get what you pay for.

I feel a bit bad that I have recommended Plusnet to a number of friends and family who have switched over to them. I am now going to have to advise them to give their month's notice and port out, as I would feel guilty if the same thing happened to them.

Nocturnalizer

I can't believe it's been almost a week now with no calls or texts coming through, and the new sim card didn't arrive ahead of Easter so having to wait until that is over now. I think I'm definitely moving on from PlusNet. Lovely prices and I've had no issues with customer service but the lack of communication about the problem is frustrating.

Nocturnalizer

I've now got my PAC code and have left PlusNet, moving over to BT. To be fair to PlusNet, customer services was very good and efficient in getting that done and I have no complaints there. The service itself became quite disappointing in the past week. Here's hoping that it improves for those of you who choose to stay.

MattJRogers
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Hi, I have exactly the same problem, 10 days and counting without the means to receive calls or texts. 6 calls to support, a new SIM and many, many excuses! And still no end in sight!

I think I will be moving over to someone else too

Poor show Plusnet, poor show.

Clv

This is turning into a nightmare.  I foolishly agreed to try a new SIM to see if that would fix the problem, but the activation of the SIM failed and put my account into a "Pending" state.  So now I've asked for a PAC, but they can't provide it because the account is "Pending"!  It's been passed to the ops team who typically take 1 - 2 business days to do anything, so as it's Friday that's another half week gone.

My advice to anyone else with this problem is don't accept the offer of a new SIM - just get your PAC and get the hell out while you can!

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi Clv!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I'm really sorry to hear about this! Just to clarify, in rare occasions when an issue does occur, we do our best to help by guiding our customers through our step-by-step troubleshooting process. This involves steps such as, re-booting the handset, trying the SIM in another handset and sending out a replacement SIM card. If the original SIM has incurred a fault, the replacement SIM will need to be activated by ourselves to replace this. 

We take the ICCID number of the new card and replace the old card which will then cease to work. The new card can take up to 2 hours fully activate on the account. 

When we send that request through on the system, the account automatically switches to a 'Pending' state. This means that the order has been sent across for the new SIM to be activated however, the request has not fully completed; the 'Pending' state is simply a queue where the request will wait to be processed.

As advised, the action takes up to 2 hours to complete however, from what you have described, your activation may have become 'stuck' in pending; resulting in the overall process exceeding the usual time scale and I sincerely apologise for the frustration that this may have caused.

Once an account action exceeds its time frame, it's then raised with our Support Team who'll investigate this further. We do advise of a response of up to 5 working days, as this allows the Team to perform a thorough and accurate investigation into this. 

I'm sorry that you wish to leave us however, we cannot issue you a PAC when the system is already processing a request. Rest assured Clv, once this issue has been resolved, we can look into compensating you for the loss of service during this time. 

- Rebeka 

AliCat

Another frustrated user here with the same problem. I only found out I had an issue because I was trying to make a payment (an urgent payment!) from my bank account who uses telephone authentication to set up a new payee. Phone Plusnet and they said there should be no issue with receiving calls from the number. Went back to the bank who said it was definitely a network issue. Then tried test calling my phone (which had previously worked ok) and found out the bank were right!

Got sent the new sim card and that seemed to fix things. Except two days later, I'm no longer receiving calls again (not sure about texts - this dropped off the first time around). Now I get told it has to be escalated to the operations team, but they can't do that until Tuesday (as it's the bank holiday) and they then have a 5 day resolution period. FIVE DAYS? 

Plusnet - you've always been renowned for good customer service - that's why I chose you as a provider. But expecting someone to just manage without their phone for over a week is quite frankly ridiculous. And it seems, from the number of messages on this forum, that this issue isn't as 'rare' as you make out.

malfunkshun
Dabbler

Another one here too. No incoming calls. Haven't rang support yet, but coupled with other issues I am having the Plusnet I will be migrating my accounts away Sad

geordiedancer71

Hi,

I recently purchased a new handset and added my banking app to it.  The app requires a call which i activated to my handset to verify the handset, after a few days, it dawned on me that every time the app tried to call and failed it would block incoming calls for about 4 - 5 hours.  

I spoke with plusnet mobile and they stated there is a known issue with short codes numbers dialling in and they added it to the team to investigate.  I did contact my bank and the number it dials in from is an 0345 number.

Also, a week before I had an email to an ongoing warranty issue, saying that had tried to call on a few occasions and the number was dead, they call from overseas, and more than likely it also blocked incoming calls.

Out going works fine, data fine, just incoming calls and texts........Any fix yet? 

GizmoHKG
Hooked

Hello,

I am having the EXACT same problem - I'm just not receiving calls. Specifically from various office/business lines (may be a blessing in disguise...) but also from my bank when I try to register the app on my mobile and it needs to call me. Any ideas?

dsloper
Hooked

Exactly the same issue with trying to register bank mobile app.

Even worse is once I have tried and failed with the bank app, no calls are then received at all until I reboot the phone.

AliCat

According to the Plusnet team, it's an issue with shortcode - they can't deal with it. So any system that uses shortcodes (e.g. telephone or text authorisation) won't work with the phone. They said they have no current fix for the issue and no timescales for resolution. So if you want to use your phone for mobile / internet banking then you may want to move away from Plusnet.