cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving incoming & Texts

Arcan788
Hooked

Not receiving incoming & Texts

For the past week, I've not been receiving incoming calls and texts but I can make outgoing calls and send texts. 

I've been sent out a new sim and ported over to it and yet it's still not working. This is the worst possible time for this to be happening. What can be done to fix this?
64 REPLIES 64
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Not receiving incoming & Texts

Mav
Fixes: 514

Yes and moved accordingly.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi Arcan788,

Thanks for getting in touch with us, it's much appreciated! I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your services and I'd like to help! After a port has completed, we advise to re-boot your handset; you can do this by the following:

• Turn the handset off
  • Take the SIM card out
  • Leave it for a couple of minutes
  • Replace the SIM card
  • Turn the handset back on

This refreshes the signal to the SIM and any changes that have been implemented, will be applied upon re-boot.

You may also need to change the message centre service number, this is the number stored on your SIM card that manages your text message delivery. The number's +44 7870002308, If you could input and save this into your message settings, restart your handset an then we'll go from there. 

Feel free to get in touch if there is anything else that you need and I'll do my best to help!

- Rebeka Smiley

Arcan788
Hooked

Nothing has worked!

And when I called plusnet they told me they can't do anything to help until Monday! 

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

You have probably been advised of this information by an agent as our Support Team work Monday-Friday. If the agent hasn't already raised this, can you send me a private message with your details and I'll get this sent across for you.

Thanks,

- Rebeka  Smiley

Merlin43

Good Evening Rebeka

Since Thursday 6-4-17 i have had the same problem and this includes all calls to my mobile number being responded to with the message "you have dialled an incorrect number"

I cant send or receive any texts

i can make calls but the number displayed on the recipients phone mobile and landline is a mobile number which is not allocated to me( i think this may be the original number of my plus net sim before i ported my own number from ee which succesfully ported in Dec )

when this number is dialled the response is as above "you have dialled an incorrect number"

my mobile shows that i have messages on my voicemail but i cant access

I have tried removing the sim and restarting the mobile but this has failed to resolve the issue.

I contacted plusnet  on Saturday morning and was later told that it would be schecked and they would get back to me some 4 hours later i made a follow up call and was told that I should have been told that it would take 3 to 5 working days  .

This is a massive issue can you please help 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Merlin43

Rebeka isn't on shift at the moment; so I can pick up from here. I'm really sorry to hear the inconvenience this has caused; it's certainly not something we wish for and I appreciate it isn't an ideal situation at all. 

I can assure you, we'll work to the best of our ability to ensure this is resolved in a quick and sufficient manner. We're not able to discuss specific account information via a public forum, but if you could send me a private message by clicking on my profile, I'll ensure this is picked up and dealt with accordingly. -Ashleigh

jackofyork

This seems to be a common problem. I too have not been able to receive and send messages since at least Saturday. Several calls to the helpdesk have been to no avail. My problem is identical to the one reported by @Merlin43. Additionally, I cannot access my data allowance, resulting in people having no means of contacting me (No Whatsapp, Hangouts etc).

I tried requesting a PAC code this morning, as I'm unwilling to put up with the poor quality of your service. However, given that my account has been uncoupled from my ported number, I was told that until the problem was resolved, I couldn't get a PAC code. It's a real catch 22 for me. I can't leave or use the service. As soon as I can port my number again, I'll be off. Sadly, you get what you pay for.

Arcan788
Hooked

I came to reply to jackofyork

This seems to be a common problem. I too have not been able to receive and send messages since at least Saturday. Several calls to the helpdesk have been to no avail. My problem is identical to the one reported by @Merlin43. Additionally, I cannot access my data allowance, resulting in people having no means of contacting me (No Whatsapp, Hangouts etc).

I tried requesting a PAC code this morning, as I'm unwilling to put up with the poor quality of your service. However, given that my account has been uncoupled from my ported number, I was told that until the problem was resolved, I couldn't get a PAC code. It's a real catch 22 for me. I can't leave or use the service. As soon as I can port my number again, I'll be off. Sadly, you get what you pay for.

But their reply seems to have disappeared? 

I think it's equally as frustrating that despite also having this problem for more than a week you still need to give thirty days notice to end your contract! It makes no sense that you still need to pay when you're not able to use your phone as a phone.

Can anyone from plusnet explain why they're refusing to release me from my contract asap and why they won't give jack his pac code? 

Arcan788
Hooked

Whenever I and others try and write replies they're deleted can the mods please explain? 

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note.

reply was caught in spam, released now.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jackofyork

I get the feeling that given the bad press PlusNet have received recently, they are actively trying to supress the scale of the problem. One agent told me this issue was affecting all users who signed up in December. However if you check the service status page, it reports no problems. PlusNet, please acknowledge the scale of your SNAFU, be honest with customers, and give a realistic timescale for fixing the issue. It looks like your engineers don't even know at this stage what the problem is.

Clv

Well, I'm another one with exactly the same problem.  Started on Thursday or Friday last week and I reported it Friday, but like everyone else it hasn't been fixed.

I'm disturbed to hear that they won't give out PACs until it has been fixed, as that was going to be my next line of attack to get my number back. I kind of suspected that would be the case though. It's as though our accounts have reverted to a "split port" condition, and I'm now very worried that the number that I've had for over 15 years will be lost for ever in cyberspace.

It would be nice if Plusnet could give us some reassurance that our numbers won't be lost, but I'm not holding my breath.

Arcan788
Hooked

It's frustrating that so many people are experiencing the same problem and yet Plusnet are being so lacklustre in dealing with it.