cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving call's and text

Andybunn22
Hooked

Not receiving call's and text

I have not been able to receive calls and texts for the past 4 hours but I am able to send messages and place outgoing call. Please help!
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Not receiving call's and text

Hi @Andybunn22

I'm sorry to hear you've not been able to receive incoming calls/ texts. Sad Have you tried to remove the SIM/ reboot your handset at all, Andy? 

Without specific account information, I'm unable to look into this further. If you could send me a PM with your account details, I'll certainly do all I can to help resolve your query in a quick and efficient manner. -Ashleigh 

gdj1981
Dabbler

Exact same problem with me, did you happen to try and register with telephone banking recently? Been told affecting certain bank users. Calls going straight to voicemail.
Andybunn22
Hooked

Yes, I had recently reset my phone and everytime I initiate the call to submit it was like it was taking up the line. Straight to voicemail then would leave 3/4 messages.
gdj1981
Dabbler

I had to reset my phone and thats what caused the issue with the Lloyds app. This afternoon all my texts come through so its resolved. Set up landline number for banking verification as don't fancy the same happening again

pabloeldiablo
Dabbler

You can't be serious, I've always had mobile phone verification and no problem occured while with Three, I think they just don't know how to solve this and simply ask to give up on banking on your phone. Oh well, I will move if that's the case..

gdj1981
Dabbler

It's worked no problem in the past but since having to reset over the weekend thats when I couldn't get the call to verify and it was going straight to voicemail, could make calls and texts but nothing incoming and I had no idea until questions being asked about me not answering my phone etc!

Just seems with lloyds banking for me, RBS banking, whatsapp, paypal all fine sending verification texts.  Obviously a big issue somewhere so can imagine plenty more having the same issues (no idea if fully resolved as not risking the call from the bank to my phone again)

pabloeldiablo
Dabbler

Unfortunately, I activated new sim today and everything worked until the moment when I tried my Bank again, no more inbound calls.. Ridiculous..

mialex
Dabbler

Missed very important bank payment, as all calls go straight to voicemail.

Phoned support, was given a long MMI code to enter into mobile, received message invalid code.

Removed replaced SIM. reset phone, jumped up and down, swore at phone, no luck.

Sent email to help centre, no reply.

Last month lost plusnet landline (and broadband) for several days so could not receive calls, this month cannot receive calls on mobile.

Been with Plusnet since Brightview days, and mobile since launch. It is getting worse.

Due to number of similar posts regarding this problem on this forum and other websites, what are Plusnet doing?

Andybunn22
Hooked

Same issue for around 5 days now, missed multiple work related calls and messages are affecting the verification i have set up for accounts like Facebook and google where a code is sent via  SMS to me. Only doing this with the Lloyds app as mentioned and the only temporary resolution i have is to restart/reset my phone. 

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Surely a permanent resolution would be to uninstall the Lloyds banking app and restart your phone? At least for as long as PN don't support shortcodes.

jdev99

Same thing happened to me since yesterday.

Can not receive any calls, or texts, or even missed call notifications.

Can make calls and send texts.

Tried #21#, removed sim for 30 minutes, switched off WiFi, tried another phone and all other suggestions, nothing helped.

Are there any solutions for these problems in the  near future Plusnet, or is the only solution to get a PAC and go to another provider????

jdev99

I received a new SIM today, got it activated (waited about 2 hr's) and all seems to be working again.

Plusnet, why do these SIM's just die?

I never had it before in the past 15 years.

old_nick

My problem is similar but intermittent.  Friend sent me an sms, didn't get it.  Met with said friend 2 hours later, asked him to send me an sms while sitting next to him - ping - text arrived within 2 seconds!!  No sign of the first one still?Huh

CharlieRobinson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 2

Hi old_nick!

Thanks for getting in touch! I'm very sorry to hear you're unable to receive a number of SMS' - I'd certainly like to look into this. I've responded to your PM so we can continue our chat there! Smiley

- Charlie