cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving call's and text's - Not good enough Plusnet!

dhd101212
Dabbler

Not receiving call's and text's - Not good enough Plusnet!

On Friday tea time I was trying to authorize a bank payment through the app on my mobile, I was unable to do it.  I retried 4 times and all failed, so I assumed it to be a bank glitch.  Yesterday people were trying to ring me and text and calls were going straight to voicemail and texts not received.  So I spent some time researching thinking it must be a phone setting but everything was ok.  After about 2 hours I came on here to find the numerous threads from people experiencing the exact same problem.

I even tried some of the fixes listed on here but nothing works!  I have inserted a different sim card and bingo all calls and texts are received, so it clearly is not me or the phone, it is a Plusnet issue.

As this problem has been happening for sometime why has it not been fixed by Plusnet?  It is simply not good enough to be fair and leaves us not receiving the service we pay for.  As a result I have ordered a PAC code today and have ordered a new sim card from another company, so that is another loyal customer lost  by Plusnet.  

What good is it to have a contract where you can't receive any calls or texts because Plusnet can't handle short code numbers?

5 REPLIES 5
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Not receiving call's and text's - Not good enough Plusnet!

Are you going to Sky mobile by any chance?

dhd101212
Dabbler

No I am going to ID Mobile

Shivas123

This is WITHOUT a doubt the WORST service I have EVER encountered in my life!!! I'm 48 currently housebound and INABLE to make calls to my 12year old son or send texts. I have called plusnet support HUNDREDS of times and the issue is STILL not resolved. I simply CANNOT express my anger and disappointment with this company. I was in an abusive relationship for 12 years and the emotions and stress I feel towards plusnet are similar to that of my ex husband. NOT GOOD ENOUGH PLUSNET!!!!!!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Shivas123,

I can see we've been trying to call you as per what's been noted on ticket 150260872.

Can you please let us know when would be a good time to get in touch please?

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi dhd101212!

I'm really sorry about this, I'd like to troubleshoot the issue and do my best to help!

Can you please try manually searching for a network and if given an option, connect to any other network that differs from EE/Plusnet. Once you've done this, leave it for a couple of minutes and then go back and select EE/Plusnet.

- Rebeka