cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving SMS

spacepods
Dabbler

Not receiving SMS

This has only just come to light so I thought I'd put out the feelers...

I have just been told by a family member that she is unable to send me text messages. I can confirm that I do not receive them and she gets the report "message failed to send" (or similar). She told me that it has been like this for about 2-3 months. This coincides with me migrating from Vodafone to Plusnet.

She receives my text messages and she's able to send text messages to other people. She is also able to ring me from the mobile she's trying to text me from. I do receive text messages from others.

Neither me or her (as far as I know) have set blocks on our respective phones - she's got an iPhone and I have a Moto G3. I'm not convinced that it's coincidence that this started when I moved to Plusnet.

If anyone has any suggestions then I'd be grateful. I shall investigate a little in the meantime.

4 REPLIES 4
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Not receiving SMS

Hello @spcepods,

Sorry to hear this is happening. The only other check that I can suggest is to get her to check on her Iphone that both SMS and iMessage is enabled.

If this is the case we would advise she contact her network provider who should be able to investigate the issue further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
spacepods
Dabbler

Well, there is no change to the method she has always used to send me messages and this issue coincides with me moving over to Plusnet from Vodafone so it seems rather strange that it would be an issue with her network provider.

I suspect it's time to move away from Plusnet then. At the very least, I shall get a "test" SIM and see if that solves the issue.

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@spacepods wrote: At the very least, I shall get a "test" SIM and see if that solves the issue.

I think its very likely that will 'solve' your problem. Please update us even if you leave.
Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry that this is still on-going.

Are you able to confirm whether she's trying to text you via iMessage or an actual text message?

She can find out by checking whether the text is green or blue, green indicates a text and blue is iMessage.

While I appreciate that the problem started after the move to us, has she also raised this with her network provider?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet