cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving SMS - anyone that tries gets to SMS me gets error: phone number formatted incorrectly

davep123

Not receiving SMS - anyone that tries gets to SMS me gets error: phone number formatted incorrectly

Not receiving SMS 

Any one that tries to SMS me get a failure - with the message of: 

message not sent phone number formatted incorrectly

Last SMS received Sunday 27th Jan.

have asked 6 different people to try, and they all see the same error..

6 REPLIES 6
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Re: Not receiving SMS - anyone that tries gets to SMS me gets error: phone number formatted incorrec

How about this thread from last year? Something to check maybe. If you Google the problem lots of hits come up.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Re: Not receiving SMS - anyone that tries gets to SMS me gets error: phone number formatted incor...

Hello @davep123

I am sorry to hear you are unable to receive any SMS texts on your mobile phone.

We have not been reported with any network outages. However, with the current weather conditions, we are getting an increase in contacts regarding from customers having issues with their mobile services.

I would recommend checking if your postcode area has recorded any network issues, by Clicking Here

Please check that the SMS service centre number is set up correctly. It's the number stored on your SIM card that manages your text message delivery. The number should start with +44.

If the area has no reported issue and the SMS service centre number is set up correctly. I would advise you to perform a reset on your network settings.

You can do this by:- Going on Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.

Kind regards.

davep123

Re: Not receiving SMS - anyone that tries gets to SMS me gets error: phone number formatted incorrec

Hi Thanks for you message.

I have two numbers with plusnet - one for me and one for my wife.  It is my wife's number which is not receiving texts. 

This started Sunday, and my phone/number is working.

We are in same area house on an evening, and the link you posted says no outages in this area.  Also she works far enough away to have been in another area. 

We have tried restating her phone. We have asked multiple people to text her test sms, and they all get a "failed to send" message.  

The service centre number starts with a +44.   

I have Reset Network Settings. - no change.

Please note - when i text this number - it fails quite quickly...

I see: message not sent phone number formatted incorrectly. on my phone, as an additional message(popup), but not sure the other people get the same.. Other people are saying they get failed to send, when they try to text her phone.

Thanks

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi there @davep123,

Thanks for getting back to us with that information.

I'm sorry this issue has not been resolved just yet and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

So we can check over the account, please could you PM us:

- Your full name and confirmation you are the account holder

- Your mobile number

- Your full address with postcode

Once we have passed security on the account we can then collate three examples of this issue occurring and pass it along to our operations team to investigate.

davep123

Hi Mads is there any update on this please?

A still no SMS

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @davep123

I have sent you a Private Message. Please respond via PM and once you have done this, comment on the thread so we can continue to assist you. 

Many thanks.